• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk - New Content!!!
12-14-2015, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 06:07 AM by Strela.)
Flare For_#1  Kursk - New Content!!!
Hi All,

We have a new designer Chris Maiorana from over at the 'Sharp End of Gaming' blog.

Chris has just completed and released three scenarios covering the German attack on the Tartar Wall in Perekop (Crimea) in 1941.

The blurp attached is;

THE BATTLE On September 17, 1941 having assumed command of the 11th Armee, General Erich von Manstein shifted the strategic focus of the army away from Melitipol and instead towards breaking into the Crimea by way of the Perekop isthmus. After a lengthy reconnaissance of the Soviet defenses there, General Hansen of the LIV Corps was instructed to begin his attack against Perekop and the Tartar Wall defensive line on the morning of September 24. Over 2,000 replacements, artillery assets and part of LSSAH were assigned to Hansen to assist with and exploit the breakthrough.

Some Images;

[Image: Map.png]

[Image: BrickFactory.png]

The link to Chris's blog and download links;

Link for Perekop 1942

I suggest everyone make a backup copy of their Kursk installation before applying Chris update. It just installs over the top, but if anything goes wrong you have the appropriate back-up

Great job and thank you, Chris!

David
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2015, 05:56 AM,
RE: Kursk - New Content!!!
So funny. I was just going to ask why no user-created content! Some of the PzC games had scenarios created later. Nice to see!

Gerry
12-14-2015, 05:58 AM,
David et al.

This is a different time period than Kursk. How come it is possible to make a scenario outside of the game's timeframe?

Gerry
12-14-2015, 06:12 AM,
(12-14-2015, 05:58 AM)GerryM Wrote: David et al.

This is a different time period than Kursk. How come it is possible to make a scenario outside of the game's timeframe?

Gerry

Hi GerryM,

It's not that easy, but doable.

This is actually a big mod as it required new components, map and some artwork. Chris actually has a second mod underway that is in August '43 and uses all the same components as Kursk.

That said, Chris is one of our new designers and he had access to tools such as the map builder that is not available publicly. We thought this was a good learning exercise for him.

The nice thing is we all benefit from it!

David
12-14-2015, 07:36 AM,
Thanks David for posting this!

Chris
12-14-2015, 10:03 PM,
Well, the main problem is map, you can edit OOB and PDT with hard work but now you cant create maps (i try and can port parts of the France14 title to EP14), art... well, you only really need very specific vehicles but for early periods are PzC titles or mods that can provide practically all you need.

The mod looks interesting specially to be set in 41 battles in the south front that is not covered yet in PzC and if you see the Luftwaffe folder you can see "extras" looks like the 1944 range is not decorative hehehe.

I think that in future PzB titles is an option center one in the battles around Crimea maybe as a test for the use of PzB engine to cover WWI or Pacific with less value in the "panzer" title.

Thanks for the great mod, now i understand why PzB serie grows so fast hehehe.
12-14-2015, 11:37 PM,
(12-14-2015, 10:03 PM)Xaver Wrote: Well, the main problem is map, you can edit OOB and PDT with hard work but now you cant create maps (i try and can port parts of the France14 title to EP14), art... well, you only really need very specific vehicles but for early periods are PzC titles or mods that can provide practically all you need.

The mod looks interesting specially to be set in 41 battles in the south front that is not covered yet in PzC and if you see the Luftwaffe folder you can see "extras" looks like the 1944 range is not decorative hehehe.

I think that in future PzB titles is an option center one in the battles around Crimea maybe as a test for the use of PzB engine to cover WWI or Pacific with less value in the "panzer" title.

Thanks for the great mod, now i understand why PzB serie grows so fast hehehe.

HI Xaver. Thank you for your comments! The Luftwaffe folder is for another set of scenarios I am working on for 1943 along the Mius river. It's inclusion in this release was an oversight.

Chris
12-15-2015, 05:27 AM,
Are your scenarios designed primarily for HtH or can these be played against the AI?
12-15-2015, 05:57 AM,
Great, Mius could be another interesting area... maybe as suggestion for your "boss" why not use this mods in a "big" demo for PzB??? 

Anyway with Luftwaffe land division present you win my  Respect4
12-15-2015, 06:48 AM,
(12-15-2015, 05:57 AM)Xaver Wrote: Great, Mius could be another interesting area... maybe as suggestion for your "boss" why not use this mods in a "big" demo for PzB??? 

Anyway with Luftwaffe land division present you win my  Respect4

Great idea as there are demos for some of the other systems already.