• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CSME 1.01 Update Patch released
12-10-2015, 06:13 AM,
CSME 1.01 Update Patch released
The CSME 1.01 Update Patch has been released.  You can get it here.
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 03:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 03:25 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: CSME 1.01 Update Patch released
(12-10-2015, 06:13 AM)berto Wrote: The CSME 1.01 Update Patch has been released.  You can get it here.

There's also some cool new User Mods out there, including Maus Man's rework of the 3D terrain. Here's how it looks like with the new Alternate Unit Base mod in place as well:

[Image: 6CDBAEE9CE0749ABAA3C8AB9D08BBE6E.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-11-2015, 03:24 AM,
Right click at the picture, choose Open picture in a new tab, to view it in 100% scale.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-11-2015, 06:15 AM,
I downloaded the upgrade. Tried Into Africa and saw that the OBA was moved onto the map. Was that the fix?

Secondly, and sorry to Mausman, I do not like the 3-D graphics he "created". Looks too much like the terrain from Steel Panthers 3-D and the terrain rip off that Dumbasrocks did a few years ago when he tried to "do it" to the CS.
Way too much out of scale for me. Way ... way too much.
Please keep it a mod that will never have to be used.

Thanks.

HSL
12-11-2015, 07:18 AM,
To be honest I can't recall why Into Africa Arty is now on-map. Maybe it was at the time when the OBA bug was reported the first time?

As for the 3D mod, a mod it is. You know it is on-scale though actually. That's what the 250 meters per hex would look like from an air photography likely. He's done a unit mod for it to go as well, not released out yet at least though. Great to have options is what I think.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-11-2015, 07:54 AM,
(12-11-2015, 06:15 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: I downloaded the upgrade. Tried Into Africa and saw that the OBA was moved onto the map. Was that the fix?

A combination of a code fix, also for this one scenario (at least) moving the OBA on-board.
12-11-2015, 08:32 AM,
Thanks Berto. It left a small nagging thought in my head. Glad to see you are on top of things.

And, I've played more ME play by e-mail than any other since I bought it. Mostly because those I played wanted to try it. And it does grow on you!

HSL
12-11-2015, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 08:36 AM by Herr Straße Laufer. Edit Reason: forgot one thing )
(12-11-2015, 07:18 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: To be honest I can't recall why Into Africa Arty is now on-map. Maybe it was at the time when the OBA bug was reported the first time?

As for the 3D mod, a mod it is. You know it is on-scale though actually. That's what the 250 meters per hex would look like from an air photography likely. He's done a unit mod for it to go as well, not released out yet at least though. Great to have options is what I think.

Maybe it would have been better had it been the original graphics.
That 3-D would drive me to 2-D. Whistle

... uh, don't get any ideas! Rolling Eyes

And, I loath the little disks under the 3-D image. (Not that I am emotional about it.)

HSL
12-11-2015, 04:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 09:24 PM by Crossroads.)
I am glad to hear you are enjoying the game, and obviously happy with the current graphics. No need for you to look at the mods folder, then Helmet Smile

I am trying to encourage folks to have a go at the graphics or other files if there's things they'd like to see changed. Often, there's kindred spirits who might enjoy it too, so why not share it as a mod. With JSGME, it is easy and safe to activate a mod and then put it back for a little change. Something for everyone right.

As for the "little disks", that was something I wanted to try out to see how they'd look in the battle map. You might notice the unit base in the InfoBox is not the mud base anymore. I had issues with unit details with that base being so dark, so I proposed the team members with a change of putting a neat beige "nickel" there instead. Much easier on my and hopefully everyone's eyes now.

But yes, if you don't like the "little disks" leave them in the Mods folder, that's where they'll stay then.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-13-2015, 01:03 AM,
(12-11-2015, 08:32 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Thanks Berto. It left a small nagging thought in my head. Glad to see you are on top of things.

And, I've played more ME play by e-mail than any other since I bought it. Mostly because those I played wanted to try it. And it does grow on you!

HSL

Incredibly difficult staying on top of things.

Happy to know the game is growing on you.