• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Blood Here
12-05-2015, 10:12 AM,
New Blood Here
Hi.  I've been playing over in the Tiller Operational Campaign forum for a while and am intrigued by TOAW.  I noticed that TOAW 4 is due out soon.  Should I wait to buy 4 with the notion that this forum will spring back to life a bit?  Or is it worth it to buy TOAW 3 and throw myself into the fracas now?
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 09:53 PM,
RE: New Blood Here
I believe there is a X-mas discount until Jan 4th next years at the MG shop and TOAW III is included as far as I can remember. The benefit of acquiring it right now is that you get a fully tested game engine with a lot of scenarios, both stock and even more custom ones created by the community, that have been tested all over the years so there is not much risk involved that your game might turn up to be a toast at some point because a previously unnoticed bug decided to surface at the least expected and fortune moment. The latest official patch 3.4.1.9 seems to work well and if you try to attempt playing an older scenario there is also an option to go with the previous official patch 3.4 and 3XBb fix - also fully tested so the game works fine and as intended. At the moment I have decided, after spending thousands of bucks on wargames for the past few years and having played TOAW III at least since 2008 or 2007, that rarely any game has much more to offer and reduced a lot of other PBEMs in favour of getting back into TOAW III in full capacity to focus on a few really finely tuned scenarios that I have always wanted to try out. You can find my latest challenge here at the forums a few threads below.

According to my experience when TOAW IV gets released it is going to take some time before it is fully playable, that's the problem with most of the games that are released these days.
12-09-2015, 10:22 AM,
RE: New Blood Here
I think that given the fact that I have 5 TOC games going right now, I'm going to wait a little while, but I do intend to come back and compete on this board once TOAW4 is out, if not sooner.  Thanks for your feedback.