• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

purchase advice
11-22-2015, 10:11 PM,
purchase advice
greetings ,

gentlemen as a new player i need your advice.

i already own red victory and i am enjoying it a lot .

i am thinking of buying onother opus . which one you recommend beetwen soviet afghan war and modern war.
i will probably buy both but wich one should i get first ?

hope to play multi with you soon.

salute.
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2015, 12:07 AM,
RE: purchase advice
Of the two, my preference and recommendation is SAW to start. MW is a good game, but SAW provides better games for learning the system and tactics. MW tends to be more one-sided. (easier to play as the U.S. with superior firepower)
11-23-2015, 12:24 AM,
(11-23-2015, 12:07 AM)kolc Wrote: Of the two, my preference and recommendation is SAW to start. MW is a good game, but SAW provides better games for learning the system and tactics. MW tends to be more one-sided. (easier to play as the U.S. with superior firepower)

i see that's why i did not see much modern war game played recently ...

thank you .
11-23-2015, 10:30 AM,
Surcouf

Ozgur Budak, who designed the scenarios for Red Victory, did many of the scenarios in SAW. I consider him the best SB scenario designer in the business. Mike Cox, who did most of the rest is pretty darn good too. If you have any interest in playing against another human, then I would highly recommend SAW. I wasn't involved in the design process for Modern War, but in the little experience I have had playing it, I don't think very many of the scenarios are well balanced. It's pretty hard to win as the bad guys. But if you just want to play against the AI, it does have some pretty cool toys.
11-23-2015, 09:48 PM,
crystal clear.
i go for SAW.

thanks.