• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone know? - motor rifles
11-21-2015, 01:40 AM,
Anyone know? - motor rifles
Motor Rifle units appear with a picture that suggests they ride on tanks;

.gif   mot rif.gif (Size: 11.98 KB / Downloads: 24)

Does this mean there are actually tanks available in that unit? Because if so I don't seem to be able to learn anything about them, or use them. I did look in the manual and could find nothing (honest)......

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2015, 03:13 AM,
RE: Anyone know? - motor rifles
There's no carry/uncarry command in PzC, so the tank riders would need their own transport to move around at higher than foot speed.

If there are tank riders that are not On Foot in the scenario, what do you see when you switch them to T-mode. Does movement type change to tracked?
11-21-2015, 04:49 AM,
I noticed that too, in Minsk. I am not sure it the graphic was like that before I installed the Volcanomod. I know those mods use different graphics.
11-21-2015, 05:11 AM,
It gives them as 'softhalftrack' when in T mode. I guess that's it. I was less interested in their mobility, more in whether I had some tanks underneath them that I could use! I guess it's just a graphic, maybe came with Volcano mod, not sure. Thanks guys.

Peter
11-21-2015, 05:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 05:58 AM by Volcano Man.)
Yes, correct. I is just a graphic. Think of it as chrome, the majority of those Motorized Rifle units didn't have their own transport at all, and they road around on tanks. We don't have the ability to attach/carry units with other units in PzC, so you just get the picture to remind you that they are desant tank riders. ;)

But more importantly, in the ALT scenarios their movement type did change to halftrack while in T mode, as you said, to represent the better mobility than trucks.  They aren't tracked, because IIRC, that would turn the unit into vehicles instead of men. This might be officially replicated in the latest PzCs too, I cannot recall though.
Send this user an email
11-21-2015, 08:41 AM,
(11-21-2015, 05:57 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Yes, correct. I is just a graphic. Think of it as chrome, the majority of those Motorized Rifle units didn't have their own transport at all, and they road around on tanks. We don't have the ability to attach/carry units with other units in PzC, so you just get the picture to remind you that they are desant tank riders. ;)

But more importantly, in the ALT scenarios their movement type did change to halftrack while in T mode, as you said, to represent the better mobility than trucks.  They aren't tracked, because IIRC, that would turn the unit into vehicles instead of men. This might be officially replicated in the latest PzCs too, I cannot recall though.

Hi,

This is one of the things Ed and I discussed when I was working on the Korsun alt scenarios for him (that was a long time ago!). Ed then rolled it out across other alt scenarios in the PzC series. Where applicable I included them in Kharkov 43 and Moscow 42, so yes they were in some of the 'official' titles.

David
11-21-2015, 11:21 PM,
Thanks. This one is Krasnyy Liman, an official title. Cheers.

Peter