• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 update 1.06 now available!
02-04-2016, 08:29 PM,
RE: France '14 update 1.06 now available!
(01-04-2016, 11:10 PM)burroughs Wrote: Hey trauth116 - thanks to your feedback I got my F'14 updated to 1.06 so I am honestly grateful for that - or it looks like since all it took was applying the JTS update and getting their serial no. Does that mean that digitally and in the terms of the code there is no real difference between those two pieces of software  and it's really all the same? I guess that the correct conclusion one can draw.

Anyway, since you have dared to cross my path and that meant war so let me challenge you - choose either F'14 or EP '14, then scenario and I''ll choose sides or the other way round and  let's settle the things between you and me once and for all, this forum is to small for both of us so someone has to draw the line. Being an aristocrat by no means, I think the situation calls for a decisive duel. Helmet Wink
Or to put it the other way - people used to smoke the piece pipe, I don't smoke at all so let's start a war for peace. LOL

Burroughs, sir- you are pretty much correct about your conclusion regarding the code and serial numbers - it is really all of the same.

I wish I could say that I have checked in on this thread all that often - but I haven't - I haven't ever really played the FWWC series but a couple of times (to be entirely honest I haven't really played anything new since working the site.). I am really glad that you got this sorted.  Virtual peace pipe smoked - we're good, sir. :)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2016, 10:59 PM,
(02-04-2016, 06:58 AM)Hog of War Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 03:48 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: \ (that is all I can say about it at the moment, since there is a possibility that it may not happen).
God Forbid  Helmet Rolleyes

Ah, I should clarify: there is a possibility the IMPROVEMENT may not happen. The next title should happen. Big Grin
Send this user an email
03-01-2016, 07:39 PM,
Will EP '14 also be updated with the new fatigue accumulation rules, maybe through a hotfix? I've been waiting with restarting a campaign game to see if there would be an update.
03-02-2016, 12:06 AM,
(03-01-2016, 07:39 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Will EP '14 also be updated with the new fatigue accumulation rules, maybe through a hotfix? I've been waiting with restarting a campaign game to see if there would be an update.

This was discussed in another thread.
I had to contact HPSSIMS support and was asked if I had proof of purchase, I don't tend to keep emails several years old.

However after several email exchanges they provided the patch/fix along with a serial number.

I wasn't thinking that Mr John Tiller would part company with HPSSIMS, and I hope that all the other 60+ HPSSIMS games in my collection will not be left out the loop so to speak.

After all myself and everyone else who bought games have been supporting HPSSIMS and Mr John Tiller games for decades.
03-02-2016, 02:51 AM,
(03-02-2016, 12:06 AM)Lowlander Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 07:39 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Will EP '14 also be updated with the new fatigue accumulation rules, maybe through a hotfix? I've been waiting with restarting a campaign game to see if there would be an update.

I had to contact HPSSIMS support and was asked if I had proof of purchase, I don't tend to keep emails several years old.

However after several email exchanges they provided the patch/fix along with a serial number.

I wasn't thinking that Mr John Tiller would part company with HPSSIMS, and I hope that all the other 60+ HPSSIMS games in my collection will not be left out the loop so to speak.

After all myself and everyone else who bought games have been supporting HPSSIMS and Mr John Tiller games for decades.

Sorry, I shot from the hip on this one I thought we were still talking about France'14.
03-02-2016, 03:28 AM,

Yes, it is in the works and near ready. The hold up has been due to testing (at first), but then real life intervened as well. Hopefully we can all get an update soon though.
Send this user an email
03-02-2016, 05:24 AM,

I also had to go thru HPS support to update a couple of games that JTS has upgraded but HPS has no link to. Since I had not bought the games thru HPS I had to send a picture of the game cases to get the updates. SO as long as you actually have the games or you bought them from the HPS store you should be able to get the upgrades in the future. Rich was very helpful. What I eventually got was JTS serial numbers for the games. I went to the JTS website and upgraded the games the same as I would any other JTS game. Rich said that they are now working on ACW upgrades and that they should be out in a couple of months.
03-02-2016, 06:39 AM,
(03-02-2016, 05:24 AM)Bioman Wrote:

I also had to go thru HPS support to update a couple of games that JTS has upgraded but HPS has no link to. Since I had not bought the games thru HPS I had to send a picture of the game cases to get the updates. SO as long as you actually have the games or you bought them from the HPS store you should be able to get the upgrades in the future. Rich was very helpful. What I eventually got was JTS serial numbers for the games. I went to the JTS website and upgraded the games the same as I would any other JTS game. Rich said that they are now working on ACW upgrades and that they should be out in a couple of months.
Korsun was my first purchase then Kursk, I spent a lot of cash buying the various titles I had missed including some on ebay, from then on I bought most of the new titles on the release date, sometime later I found the NWS store followed by Duchet.
Now three PC's later I'm expected to produce a receipt to qualify for a update, never mind I'm a dab hand with a camera can I submit a GROUP PHOTO. however HPSSIMS still have a record of my early transactions.
03-02-2016, 05:50 PM,
Thanks for the update on the update Volcano Man.

As you mention testing, will the update also include revised versions of scenarios, like the changes you had in mind for defensive positions around Koenigsberg and making it more attractive for the Russians to advance in that direction in the Clash of Empires campaign?
03-03-2016, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 07:15 AM by Volcano Man.)
(03-02-2016, 05:50 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Thanks for the update on the update Volcano Man.

As you mention testing, will the update also include revised versions of scenarios, like the changes you had in mind for defensive positions around Koenigsberg and making it more attractive for the Russians to advance in that direction in the Clash of Empires campaign?

Yes, it will include lots of tweaks to scenarios (and campaigns). Smile
Send this user an email