• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 update 1.06 now available!
11-23-2015, 12:43 AM,
RE: France '14 update 1.06 now available!
Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2015, 04:09 AM,
I just hope HPS brings it out before Christmas...
12-16-2015, 05:23 PM,
Seriously, are there any problems with the patch for the HPS version?
12-16-2015, 06:29 PM,
(12-16-2015, 05:23 PM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Seriously, are there any problems with the patch for the HPS version?

Good question. Maybe Rich can provide an answer for that. Yikes
Send this user an email
12-27-2015, 08:13 PM,
So how do we get that happen? There are still a few scenarios I'd like to tackle and perhaps complete the Flanders campaign finally. Perhaps buying directly from HPS wasn't that good idea - apart from the fact that when I was buying F'14 in particular there wasn't much choice in that regard and moreover I was happy with their services then. But I happen to have a dozen or so SB titles I could have bought from JTS and several MCs. Now what?

So far there hasn't been a problem with HPS versions of updates, but that situation made me think - too bad it's a bit too late.
12-28-2015, 10:55 AM,
(11-21-2015, 08:06 AM)Volcano Man Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 07:41 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: I didn't think the two versions were compatible that's all.

Well, that is why I stated it was in the original post. ;)

But I guess this is a good time to address the whole JTS and HPS confusion once and for all:

Both JTS and HPS versions are completely identical in regards to *resource files*.  The only difference in these updates is the France 14.EXE.  It is always best to wait for the appropriate install, but if a hotfix ever has just resource files (images, scenarios, etc, non EXE related files), then it will work with both versions.

Hope that clears it up...

(12-27-2015, 08:13 PM)burroughs Wrote: So how do we get that happen? There are still a few scenarios I'd like to tackle and perhaps complete the Flanders campaign finally. Perhaps buying directly from HPS wasn't that good idea - apart from the fact that when I was buying F'14 in particular there wasn't much choice in that regard and moreover I was happy with their services then. But I happen to have a dozen or so SB titles I could have bought from JTS and several MCs. Now what?

So far there hasn't been a problem with HPS versions of updates, but that situation made me think - too bad it's a bit too late.

See: http://jtsdev.vbulletin.net/forum/main-c...ts-version   in particular posts 4 and 5.

1st point of contact should be the developer for availability queries' definitive answers.
Send this user an email
12-30-2015, 06:29 AM,
Did that, no reply so far. Any other thoughts since I don't think that a patient waiting is a piece of advice here as we're already doing that?
12-30-2015, 08:52 AM,
(12-30-2015, 06:29 AM)burroughs Wrote: Did that, no reply so far. Any other thoughts since I don't think that a patient waiting is a piece of advice here as we're already doing that?

If you wrote it anything like the tone above that is hardly surprising.
Send this user an email
12-30-2015, 10:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2015, 10:08 AM by burroughs. Edit Reason: Typos. )
Sure, the tone - love that cheap excuse, formative and constructive as ever. Now that is the tone I do agree but I felt teased so no wonder there's a reaction. I'd say making me have to ask for a kind answer which never comes just to let people know what's going on is the tone well below my level of acceptance. Thanks for the previous advice - the link actually, but you seem to have started focusing on yourself.

Besides there was not a problem getting in touch when I was buying anything there, I said that above. If there is a problem with getting support for that then Houston we have a problem there and discussing the tone is ... Love that cheap excuse. You're a staff there or what that you're taking that to yourself?

Aw, I am not a native speaker of English , by the way - so fine tuning tones in writing is even harder for me than finding them there so excuse me Sirs.
12-31-2015, 10:56 AM,
(12-30-2015, 10:05 AM)burroughs Wrote: Sure, the tone - love that cheap excuse, formative and constructive as ever. Now that is the tone I do agree but I felt teased so no wonder there's a reaction. I'd say making me have to ask for a kind answer which never comes just to let people know what's going on is the tone well below my level of acceptance. Thanks for the previous advice - the link actually, but you seem to have started focusing on yourself.

Besides there was not a problem getting in touch when I was buying anything there, I said that above. If there is a problem with getting support for that then Houston we have a problem there and discussing the tone is ... Love that cheap excuse. You're a staff there or what that you're taking that to yourself?

Aw, I am not a native speaker of English , by the way - so fine tuning tones in writing is even harder for me than finding them there so excuse me Sirs.

Basically what I stated in this thread was:

A) Complaining about something on a messageboard is not effective at directly resolving that complaint.

B) Contacting the developer is the only effective method to resolving that complaint. The messageboard link is the developer's messageboard.

C) No matter how frustrated a complainant gets, a concise business style message is far more likely to get a result than letting frustration seep into the body of an email query.

D) I do have contacts there. Aside from Rich Hamilton, I don't know if there is actually 'staff' at JTS - the majority are contracted design people. If it matters, I am one of those (design) -it only means that I know who to contact, and have an idea about real life scheduling.

E) Rich addresses queries at both JTS/HPS -writing JTS support is basically the same thing as writing HPS support.
Send this user an email