• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Top of the day - AotR
12-23-2015, 01:25 AM,
RE: Top of the day - AotR
Not to be a dick, this is some great work, but with top view, it seems odd to me that the vehicle could be facing <----- this way, but the facing arrow facing that way ----->. What are the odds, that with top view, that the vehicle would actually be facing in the direction of the front of the vehicle so that the vehicle itself also becomes the facing arrow? I guess that would be like Steel Panthers, but makes sense.
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2015, 07:42 AM,
(12-23-2015, 01:25 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Not to be a dick, this is some great work, but with top view, it seems odd to me that the vehicle could be facing <----- this way, but the facing arrow facing that way ----->.  What are the odds, that with top view, that the vehicle would actually be facing in the direction of the front of the vehicle so that the vehicle itself also becomes the facing arrow?  I guess that would be like Steel Panthers, but makes sense.

Dear Richard.....um Mark - joking Big Grin

The HPS/ JT stock images faced this way and I copied them. Plus part of the reason this because the "text" (hard coded into game) would cover images.

PS: Maybe you could use the "screen rotation" box under the MS "control panel" to change the vehicle facing LOL
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
12-24-2015, 12:38 AM,
So it was bothering me that the Soviet T-34 (PT-34) was wrong, so I found a blueprint of the roller equipment and built
a new one. Plus a few other top down vehicles/ boats I made from blueprints too.

[Image: TD%20WIP%208_zps7vmj95tg.png]
12-24-2015, 02:14 AM,
Very, Very nice!

Using different colors sure makes them really pop!
12-24-2015, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-24-2015, 04:09 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
(12-23-2015, 07:42 AM)Richie61 Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 01:25 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Not to be a dick, this is some great work, but with top view, it seems odd to me that the vehicle could be facing <----- this way, but the facing arrow facing that way ----->.  What are the odds, that with top view, that the vehicle would actually be facing in the direction of the front of the vehicle so that the vehicle itself also becomes the facing arrow?  I guess that would be like Steel Panthers, but makes sense.

Dear Richard.....um Mark - joking Big Grin

The HPS/ JT stock images faced this way and I copied them. Plus part of the reason this because the "text" (hard coded into game) would cover images.

PS: Maybe you could use the "screen rotation" box under the MS "control panel" to change the vehicle facing LOL

MISTER Richard!  :)

I didn't know if there would be a huge task to make that happen or not.  I'm stupid in these matters.  I get ideas once in awhile and toss them out there and the powers that reply.  I do appreciate the great top view work and with the colors as mentioned above.  Most of my adult life was spent in the Army twice and three jobs as a Manual Drafter and OJT Cad. (Land Surveying and Railroad Signal Engineering)  Land Surveying is basically map drawing on a smaller scale.  I take pride in a lot of the work I see in these games and mods even though I had nothing to do with it.  :)
12-24-2015, 05:15 AM,
Well, I am happy with my Top Down mods 2cents2

[Image: TD%20WIP%209_zpsdus9bo1w.jpg]
12-25-2015, 03:16 AM,
Whipped up a cover at 5 AM this morning LOL 

[Image: Cover%20TD1_zpsb4xodpk6.png]
12-25-2015, 05:36 AM,
(12-25-2015, 03:16 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Whipped up a cover at 5 AM this morning LOL

5am????     What a slacker!   Jester

Have any info as to what happened to cause that tank to be in that position?

Also, are those engine hatches that are open?  I wouldn't expect to see escape hatches that far back in the engine compartment.

What type of tank is that?

Thanks
12-26-2015, 06:23 AM,
Not sure, but I would day the bridge couldn't hold the weight. It's a KV-1 tank.
They are engine hatches. Maybe looking for fuel or just steps to stand on?
[Image: KV-1.jpg]
12-29-2015, 01:32 PM,
Testing Stalingrad 1942 Smile 

[Image: TD%20WIP%2011_zpsjrhczgms.jpg]

[Image: TD%20WIP%2010_zps80ycdreo.jpg]