• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

what does this graphic mean?
11-04-2015, 07:33 PM,
what does this graphic mean?

.png   white line.png (Size: 6.59 KB / Downloads: 83) I've looked through the manual and can find nowhere an explanation of the white line shown in the pic which sometimes appears under mine or obstacle graphics. Any ideas? (Or does no one else get this and it's a graphics glitch?)

Thanks

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 08:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015, 08:13 PM by -72-.)
RE: what does this graphic mean?
(11-04-2015, 07:33 PM)phoenix Wrote: I've looked through the manual and can find nowhere an explanation of the white line shown in the pic which sometimes appears under mine or obstacle graphics. Any ideas? (Or does no one else get this and it's a graphics glitch?)

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

You aren't going to find an explanation of that in any manual, because that looks like someone may have screwed up a mod, or possibly the same reason that Jison's material doesn't work with JTS's current style of PzC graphics.

An educated guess is that it might be something to do with the order that graphics are being drawn; it is either that or someone has gotten something screwed up on one of the BMP files itself.

It is a graphics glitch *but* it is a user created graphics glitch, therefore JTS themselves won't be able to help you with it -as they don't provide support for user created material.

Without seeing the actual files there is no way to know exactly where the issue is, however you might want to contact whoever it was that created the mod(s).
Send this user an email
11-04-2015, 08:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015, 08:18 PM by ComradeP.)
It's most certainly not a graphics glitch.

It means the minefield or obstacle hex is Penetrated.

Quote: Obstacles are considered Penetrated after any unit enters them and from that point on, their cost depends on the status of the entering unit: • It costs Deployed units an additional ¼ of their full movement allowance to enter Penetrated Obstacle hexes. • Units in Travel Mode have no additional cost to enter Penetrated Obstacle hexes, but cannot do so using Road Movement.

Quote:By default, a minefield blocks Supply through that hex.  After a unit enters a minefield, it is considered Penetrated.  A Penetrated minefield does not block Supply.

Penetrated obstacle or minefield hexes have the word MINES or OBSTACLES displayed in lower case in the hex information area. Obstacles and minefields are considered penetrated after any unit moves into the hex.
11-04-2015, 08:23 PM,
Brilliant. Many thanks ComradeP (and Trauth). I had noticed the upper case/lower case wording too. I guess the white line comes from one of the mods I have in there (I lose track, Trauth, but I have part of the Jison mod with the fix, and part of the Debvine mod, and some of my own tinkering...).

Solved. Thanks.

Peter
11-04-2015, 08:32 PM,
The white line always appears, that's the penetrated state indicator, it just looks somewhat odd in your case because it overlaps part of the larger minefield. It's otherwise working as it should as far as I can tell.

The newest official graphics, present in Moscow '42 and probably other updated titles as well, feature a diamond with a number in it to indicate obstacle/minefield strength, instead of the more conventional graphics of up to three mines. It makes things a bit more clear and it also prevents the white line from obscuring something.
11-04-2015, 09:57 PM,
(11-04-2015, 08:32 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The white line always appears, that's the penetrated state indicator, it just looks somewhat odd in your case because it overlaps part of the larger minefield. It's otherwise working as it should as far as I can tell.

The newest official graphics, present in Moscow '42 and probably other updated titles as well, feature a diamond with a number in it to indicate obstacle/minefield strength, instead of the more conventional graphics of up to three mines. It makes things a bit more clear and it also prevents the white line from obscuring something.

Or this - boy I had not realised that it had been that long since I had played a PzC title.  .   .  (my bad).
Send this user an email