• Downloads

First World War Info images?
10-27-2015, 03:03 AM,
First World War Info images?
Huh? Rolling Eyes

[img][Image: JG%20WWI%20-%201_zpsqs8ftjns.jpg][/img]
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2015, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 06:01 AM by Xaver.)
RE: First World War Info images?
I allways prefer this kind of unit images... use 2-3 soldier figures over faces, maybe in bigger scale games is harder use them because boxes are smaller but in SB box is bigger and offer space to have something like this.

In same way in 3D i prefer see more soldiers like in this mod that never was released.

http://postimg.org/image/ua0l0ucej/

Great job with your draws, keep them moving.
10-27-2015, 06:21 AM,
(10-27-2015, 06:01 AM)Xaver Wrote: I allways prefer this kind of unit images... use 2-3 soldier figures over faces, maybe in bigger scale games is harder use them because boxes are smaller but in SB box is bigger and offer space to have something like this.

In same way in 3D i prefer see more soldiers like in this mod that never was released.

http://postimg.org/image/ua0l0ucej/

Great job with your draws, keep them moving.
SB map images are tough since you only have a 35 x 35 bmp box. But I agree with you about the faces. Wink

Someday I may finish my AotR mod Whistle

[img][Image: AotR-Infantry1_zps6399a1c4.jpg][/img]
10-27-2015, 09:42 AM,
Like the way both sets of images look.

Nice job, Ed.
10-27-2015, 10:09 AM,
Thanks Chad! I have both sets of Info sheets done, but I am not sure of what I want for "map" images.

[img][Image: SB%20WWI%20-%202_zpsnhawuemm.jpg][/img]
10-27-2015, 10:55 AM,
You are in the wrong profession, Ed!   Wink 

Looks great!
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM,
(10-27-2015, 10:55 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: You are in the wrong profession, Ed!   Wink 

Looks great!
LOL! I am just a cut & paste guy. Just scaling or maybe touching up stuff. I am waiting for Dan to hit it rich and buy me
a graphic program! Big Laugh

I am still working on background templates and colors. I like basic color base and not faded coloring. It's basically my mod and I may share it "as is" if I ever finish it. I have about 10 mods going for SB all in different stages. I play all the SB titles
with Dan and I start a new mod as we play that title. I think I have ADD or whatever it is, but the wife says it's A.Z.Z.H.A.T Jester

These are Junior General images. Well they started as them. Tweaked, colored & changed them all. I got the idea to use them from a current game release to used them Propeller Hat
10-27-2015, 11:54 PM,
Is the problem when you start a new game... you allways find things to customize hehehe.

The images remember me a lot the actual 2D art in Middle East 48-82 but using 2 figures instead 1.

I am curious about how hard could be in the art area create a full unit image like you do oposite to create diferent faces for new titles... i refer offer a generic full body images and use it in other titles... maybe is less "specific" than the PzB system used now but in a title like WWI covering a full war is better.

Any way great job.
10-28-2015, 03:55 AM,
(10-27-2015, 11:54 PM)Xaver Wrote: Is the problem when you start a new game... you allways find things to customize hehehe.

The images remember me a lot the actual 2D art in Middle East 48-82 but using 2 figures instead 1.

I am curious about how hard could be in the art area create a full unit image like you do oposite to create diferent faces for new titles... i refer offer a generic full body images and use it in other titles... maybe is less "specific" than the PzB system used now but in a title like WWI covering a full war is better.

Any way great job.

Yes, that is my problem. I love to change stuff or make it look better. Alan has a few at his cool site too.
https://tfe4.wordpress.com/

Yes, the images are from the same place. I saw how they used them and said why not try them. I had a "top down"
mod, but never finished it.

HPS/ Tiller use "bmp" images and they can be used in all their/ his titles. Biggest issue with SB "map" images is that you only have a 35 x 35 pixel box to work with. The info box is 98 x 89 to keep the image off the boxed text.

I have lots of SB mods. Here is my 3D style vehicles, PG infantry (map) and single man info in my RV mod. Note the
"winter" uniforms Whistle

[img][Image: RV-1_zpsoieievhr.jpg][/img]