• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Collateral objecives
10-23-2015, 06:42 PM,
Collateral objecives
Hello,

just playing a modern war Scenario with collateral objectives. Can anyone give me an advice for the best tactic for such Scenarios. I think i should carefully attack such objectives and if i see a lot of negative damagepoints for me i should cancel the attack, am i rigth ?
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2015, 01:00 AM,
RE: Collateral objecives
• Collateral - The point value of these objectives increases when enemy fire affects the hex they are in. Collateral Objectives can be assaulted however without causing the point value to change. Collateral Objectives do not change side. If a Collateral Objective has a positive value, then that value is awarded to the owning side (regardless of who occupies it). If a Collateral Objective has a negative value and is occupied by the opposing side, then that value is a penalty to the owning side.

Basically they are objectives that are in place to keep the attacking side from firing indiscriminately. Think of them as places where civilians are known to be, or places where the ROE prohibit firing. If you fire into them, you lose points (or your opponent gains points). You can assault them without losing points, but you don't really get anything for them. Whoever 'owns' the objective gets the points.

Basically, stay away from them and I wouldn't fire into them unless you really have to.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
10-24-2015, 01:14 AM,
(10-24-2015, 01:00 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: • Collateral - The point value of these objectives increases when enemy fire affects the hex they are in. Collateral Objectives can be assaulted however without causing the point value to change. Collateral Objectives do not change side. If a Collateral Objective has a positive value, then that value is awarded to the owning side (regardless of who occupies it). If a Collateral Objective has a negative value and is occupied by the opposing side, then that value is a penalty to the owning side.

Basically they are objectives that are in place to keep the attacking side from firing indiscriminately.  Think of them as places where civilians are known to be, or places where the ROE prohibit firing.  If you fire into them, you lose points (or your opponent gains points).  You can assault them without losing points, but you don't really get anything for them.  Whoever 'owns' the objective gets the points.    

Basically, stay away from them and I wouldn't fire into them unless you really have to.
Perfect answer thank, now i understand everything.
10-24-2015, 07:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2015, 07:14 AM by Micha.)
The tis were really helpfull.
[Image: JYF5Z5.jpg]
Oh, i love this game.