• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Middle East
09-25-2015, 02:05 AM,
Middle East
Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Played all 4 Boot Camp scenarios this morning.

The changes in the sighting rule has been long needed! You cannot tell what can be seen from a hex (3D) unless something is in the hex. I have not checked to ensure it's the same in 2D.

Choppers are great!. Lot's to learn!

Well done!

Helmet Smile
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2015, 03:14 AM,
RE: Middle East
(09-25-2015, 02:05 AM)RADO Wrote: Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Played all 4 Boot Camp scenarios this morning.

The changes in the sighting rule has been long needed! You cannot tell what can be seen from a hex (3D) unless something is in the hex. I have not checked to ensure it's the same in 2D.

Well done!

Helmet Smile

Thanks RADO  Helmet Smile

It is the same in 2D. With Extreme FOW optional rule in place, you don't know what can be spotted from the hex unless you've got friendly eyes there. Love it too!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-25-2015, 03:47 AM,
(09-25-2015, 03:14 AM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 02:05 AM)RADO Wrote: Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Played all 4 Boot Camp scenarios this morning.

Well done!

Helmet Smile

Thanks RADO  Helmet Smile

It is the same in 2D. With Extreme FOW optional rule in place, you don't know what can be spotted from the hex unless you've got friendly eyes there. Love it too!
I just finished "First Attack on the Bloc". Only issues I spotted are that when you select a unit to fire, it also allows one to fire on friendly troops. I kind of like this but others might not. lol Also, when Side B took a VP hex, it did not change ownership on screen. At the conclusion of the scenario I elected to save it & when I did some type of Windows error occurred. Happened so quickly I could not tell what happened. When I reopened the file, it was the very last turn again. Ended & saved but did not save the end again. When opened it had last turn again.
Send this user an email
09-25-2015, 04:09 AM,
Hello RADO,

Yes, blue-on-blue firing can happen at times. Not sure what happened to you there. Did you have a look at the log files? Engine.log is probably the one to look.

If necessary can you post me your save file(s) I will have a look.

krazykat dot theblizt at gmail dot com.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-25-2015, 04:59 AM,
Thank you, RADO!!

Glad you're enjoying it!!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-25-2015, 05:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 05:09 AM by Jason Petho.)
Quote:I just finished "First Attack on the Bloc". Only issues I spotted are that when you select a unit to fire, it also allows one to fire on friendly troops. I kind of like this but others might not. lol Also, when Side B took a VP hex, it did not change ownership on screen. At the conclusion of the scenario I elected to save it & when I did some type of Windows error occurred. Happened so quickly I could not tell what happened. When I reopened the file, it was the very last turn again. Ended & saved but did not save the end again. When opened it had last turn again.

Did you try to capture the hex with a civilian type unit?

If so, you can't do so. Only combat units can capture VP locations.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
09-25-2015, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 05:51 AM by Crossroads.)
Oh that's right, that could be it. Civilians are quite a nuisance, while they can't change a VP ownership, they get in your way, even into same hex with you while representing the opposite side Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-25-2015, 05:56 AM,
(09-25-2015, 03:47 AM)RADO Wrote: I just finished "First Attack on the Bloc". Only issues I spotted are that when you select a unit to fire, it also allows one to fire on friendly troops. I kind of like this but others might not. lol

With helos, it is possible for friendly and enemy units to occupy the same hex.  And in other circumstances, it also possible for friendlies and enemy ground units to occupy the same hex.  So, yes, we need to allow for the possibility of friendly fire!
09-25-2015, 10:11 AM,
(09-25-2015, 05:56 AM)berto Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 03:47 AM)RADO Wrote: I just finished "First Attack on the Bloc". Only issues I spotted are that when you select a unit to fire, it also allows one to fire on friendly troops. I kind of like this but others might not. lol

With helos, it is possible for friendly and enemy units to occupy the same hex.  And in other circumstances, it also possible for friendlies and enemy ground units to occupy the same hex.  So, yes, we need to allow for the possibility of friendly fire!

Actually, it was an enemy unit that retreated onto the VP hex. I don't remember what kind it was. This is a great game! Long awaited! Can't wait to do a few more scenarios & then it's time for some PBEM opponents! Again, GREAT JOB guys!
Send this user an email
09-26-2015, 12:39 AM,
(09-25-2015, 10:11 AM)RADO Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 05:56 AM)berto Wrote:

Actually, it was an enemy unit that retreated onto the VP hex. I don't remember what kind it was. This is a great game! Long awaited! Can't wait to do a few more scenarios & then it's time for some PBEM opponents! Again, GREAT JOB guys!
Played another scenario this AM. I cracked up when I realized killing civilians costs one points! Sooooooo, i guess we see terrorist tactics built right into the game! Gotta love it!
Send this user an email