• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HASL Ghosts In The Rubble - Scenario
09-24-2015, 01:44 PM,
HASL Ghosts In The Rubble - Scenario
So my buddy Dan (I call him Lt. Dan Big Grin ) built this new Red Victory Stalingrad scenario. It's very well done and a true
in your face infantry fight!

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/red-...o&id=11252

Try it all  cheers

Quote:Notes:
Plays best with the X Mod. Available from keif149 at the Blitz War Game Club. Custom map by keif149

Best played human VS human. Then as Russian VS AI. Then as German VS AI

The Russian attack is preceded by a 30 minute rolling barrage.

SPECIAL VICTORY CONDITIONS!
Victory is based on ownership or control of the victory hexes, not by points
Russian Major Victory 12 or more VHs
Russian Minor Victory 9-11 VHs
Draw 7-8 VHs
Russian Minor Defeat 6 VHs
Russian Major Defeat 5 or less VHs.

This scenario is based on the HASL scenario. It has not been modified for balance or checked for historical accuracy. It was my desire to bring the scenario to the Squad Battles format

Briefing: SE of The Barrikady, 31 October, 1942. The last ferry landing across The Volga was under German machinegun fire and the Russians were barely holding their positions in the rubble around Krasny Octyabr and the Barrikady even as the anniversary of the October Revolution approached. Rather than waiting passively for the final blow, the Soviet "Army Military Council" ordered a counterattack on the exhausted enemy before they could muster their strength. The task of widening the Soviet "bridgehead" fell to elements of Lt. Colonel Visili Sokolov's 45th Rifle Division, recently brought across the Volga to take positions between the two great factory complexes. After a 30 minute barrage, the assault troops were to press forward and reach the railway line bypassing enemy strong points and small pockets, leaving them to be mopped up by divisional reserves. The lead troops drawn from the 253rd Rifle Regiment were exhorted to advance "boldly and rapidly". On this All Hallows Eve, Sokolov's men-the brick dust making them appear almost ghostly-scrambled forward, keeping close to the rolling barrage laid down by the big guns across the river.

Aftermath: In Chuikov's view, the counterattack was a great success. Despite horrendous casualties. In some places the Russians advance 100 yards or more. The decimated 253rd occupied the left side of Novolselskaya for its entire length, and gained a foothold in the western fringe of the industrial park. Meanwhile, elements of the 39th Guards Division had simultaneously retaken several rubbles shops in the Krasny Oktyabr factory to the south. But more important than the ground gained was the fact that the Russians had shown they could not only defend themselves but indeed, even in such dire straits, successively attack in the rubbled city. The final blow, at the end of the month of bitter fighting in Stalingrad, had been delivered by The Red Army, not The Wehrmacht. This was the moral victory Chuikov brought Stalin to celebrate the Revolution during Russia's grim struggle.  
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2015, 04:41 AM,
RE: HASL Ghosts In The Rubble - Scenario
Is this also an issue of challenge ? I get king of twitchy when I don't have you engaged in some kind of game.

What is the size? Super-Large; Large; Medium; Small ??

I suppose I ought download and see. BTW what is the H in HASL?
09-30-2015, 11:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-30-2015, 11:34 AM by Richie61.)
Historical Advanced Squad Leader  Smile

Small size. One ASL sized map and 18 turns.
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-30-2015, 09:00 PM,
I've downloaded...looks good
10-01-2015, 02:50 AM,
Thanks for posting it Ed.

Looks like I may need to come out of retirement and try this one out!   Tempted
10-03-2015, 12:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015, 12:30 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
Does one ever really go into retirement?  Even after death?   LOL