• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tour of duty cant open files via map-or scenario editor
09-09-2015, 04:50 PM,
Tour of duty cant open files via map-or scenario editor
Hello,

In tour of duty i cant open scenariofiles or maps via Editor. For every other scquadbattlegame there is no Problem. Any help, please ?
Quote this message in a reply
09-20-2015, 09:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 10:06 AM by Embis.)
RE: Tour of duty cant open files via map-or scenario editor
I have never had any problem opening Scenario files with Sqedit or map files with Sqsub in ToD.

Are you patched up to date? If not you can get the latest patch 1.06 here (I doubt that just patching it will fix the problem but you need to make sure you are patched up to date anyway)

Once you are fully patched, and if it still doesn't work then I think I would uninstall ToD and then reinstall it. (and then patch it again! Wink )

I would be prepared to put money on a reinstall solving the problem for you. Smile
09-20-2015, 10:36 AM,
Perchance might you be accidentally using the Scenario Editor from a different SB title to try to open the Tour of Duty scenarios?  For instance, I was able to get an "Error reading file" message if I started the Scenario Editor from the AotR title and then tried to open one of my ToD scenarios with it.

Otherwise, I just tried opening a couple of ToD scenarios (such as #Started.scn) using the ToD Scenario Editor and didn't have any issues, so there doesn't appear to be an issue with the stock version of ToD.  So unless it is something odd like you are using the wrong Scenario Editor or trying to open a custom scenario, I tend to agree with Embis in that you'll likely have to do a reinstall.
09-21-2015, 04:40 AM,
Thanks for Help.
10-11-2015, 06:57 PM,
Did you manage to solve the problem?

If you did it would be interesting, and useful for others, to know what fixed it.
10-12-2015, 06:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 06:49 AM by Micha.)
(10-11-2015, 06:57 PM)Embis Wrote: Did you manage to solve the problem?

If you did it would be interesting, and useful for others, to know what fixed it.

Hello, the Problem appears when i add usermade files to the game ( Scenarios ). When i reinstall the original game with no usermade files everything is ok.