• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Newby Question
09-08-2015, 01:42 AM,
c_Question Mark  Newby Question
Greetings all......I was browsing the scenarios and rewarding comments, and I have to ask- what is "EA"...some say they have it 'on'..I am sure I'll SMH when you tell me but can't for the life of me figure it out right now;)
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 02:05 AM,
RE: Newby Question
"EA stands for Extreme Assault". Some feel it brings a more realistic approach to the way assaults are handled, others prefer the original method the game generated pre-EA. It is therefore important to discuss with your opponent whether to play with EA on or off. If played with EA on, it will certainly skew the intentions of early scenario designers, but can often even up a lopsided scenario. I feel it best when the scenario designer calls for it's use in his scenario information. For now, try both ways, see what you prefer. 

From the manual:
Extreme Assault – Extreme Assault is an altered assault routine that offers the defenders a chance of success in defending an assault, even if they are disrupted. When the assault is executed, the software goes to the combat routines and conducts casualty assessment based on the same principles that govern shooting combat, except it is independent of armor facing values. Once the combat is completed, the results are compared to an Assault Combat Results Table where if the attacker wins, the defenders Morale is reduced by 5 and if the defender wins, the defenders Morale is increased by 3. The game then does a morale check based on the defender's modified average morale. If the defender fails his morale check and there are undisrupted units in the attacking force, then the assault is successful and the defender is subject to the software's retreat processing. Otherwise, the defender wins and remains in his hex. The Assault Combat Results Table makes it harder for assaults conducted at below 1:1 to succeed, it still allows a worst case scenario attack a 15% chance of success over the defender. On the other hand, the defender has a possible 10% chance of success over the attacker. Regardless of the outcome, if the defender might fail or pass the morale check and completely negate the Assault Combat Results Table results. Under the normal assault rules, there is a 99% chance of success using the traditional disrupt, surround and capture technique. With Extreme Assault, the chance of success has been reduced to ~65%. The attacker will have the best chance of success by finding ways to reduce the defenders Morale.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-08-2015, 03:21 AM,
Thank you Sud, I did in fact think of that, but, I have the (latest?) updated CS pathes etc. and I cannot play EA except in Rising Sun scenarios...(?)
09-08-2015, 03:51 AM,
Really? Something doesn't sound right, should be able to play in all three with EA, do you have 2.02?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
09-08-2015, 05:03 AM,
(09-08-2015, 03:51 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Really? Something doesn't sound right, should be able to play in all three with EA, do you have 2.02?

yup, when I use to leave it on, and I tried an assault, it would pop up wiht a box that said not available or something like that....I'll go back to an old scenario if I have one still saved and see if I can get the correct verbiage...thx WH...
09-08-2015, 07:53 AM,
I'd contact Jason Petho or post on the Matrix site. Something's obviously wrong. Any clues you can add will help, like operating system and error messages.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email