• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best optional rules for Panzer Campaigns when playing against the AI?
08-31-2015, 11:47 AM,
Best optional rules for Panzer Campaigns when playing against the AI?
I know that the AI is hardly the strength of Panzer Campaigns but I'm wondering if there are certain settings with regard to the optional rules that make the AI a better opponent (besides, of course, moving the AI advantage slider). 

Three that I'm using under the assumption that they make a better / fairer game against the AI are:

1) Alternate Indirect Fire Resolution which appears to prohibit the human player from targeting specific units in a hex with indirect fire (something I assume the AI is not smart enough to do);

2) Locking zones of control which appears to lessen my ability to outmaneuver the AI; and

3) Delayed Disruption Reporting which appears to give me less info about the effect of my attacks (something I assume the AI isn't smart enough to take advantage of).

Am I off base with these?  Are there others I should consider as well?

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2015, 08:26 PM,
RE: Best optional rules for Panzer Campaigns when playing against the AI?
(08-31-2015, 11:47 AM)stolypin Wrote: I know that the AI is hardly the strength of Panzer Campaigns but I'm wondering if there are certain settings with regard to the optional rules that make the AI a better opponent (besides, of course, moving the AI advantage slider). 

Three that I'm using under the assumption that they make a better / fairer game against the AI are:

1) Alternate Indirect Fire Resolution which appears to prohibit the human player from targeting specific units in a hex with indirect fire (something I assume the AI is not smart enough to do);

2) Locking zones of control which appears to lessen my ability to outmaneuver the AI; and

3) Delayed Disruption Reporting which appears to give me less info about the effect of my attacks (something I assume the AI isn't smart enough to take advantage of).

Thanks.

Have you reviewed the thread (Sticky) on the use of Optional Rules?

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=47923
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-01-2015, 07:25 AM,
Without actually trying these rules it is difficult to know if they will help or not, so best thing is to give them a try and see what happens ?
09-12-2015, 09:35 PM,
I too would like to know which optional rules you guys use while playing against the AI !
09-13-2015, 01:06 AM,
(08-31-2015, 08:26 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 11:47 AM)stolypin Wrote: I know that the AI is hardly the strength of Panzer Campaigns but I'm wondering if there are certain settings with regard to the optional rules that make the AI a better opponent (besides, of course, moving the AI advantage slider). 

Thanks.

Have you reviewed the thread (Sticky) on the use of Optional Rules?

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=47923
I have reviewed the thread and while it is certainly informative, it appears to deal more with the question of which optional rules are best for PBEM.  I am wondering specifically whether certain optional rules will improve play against the AI.  I am experimenting currently and will report my results.  I think a lot of it may depend on whether the AI is attacking or defending.  For example, the thread states that locking zones of control will favor the attacker so I'm thinking that is an optional rule to use when defending against the AI.