• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
08-27-2015, 11:41 PM,
Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
Any active players of Gary Grigsby`s War in The East ?

I ask before I spend a lot of money buying it on Steam

( I am thinking of buying the Mega Pack which includes the base game, + Don to the Danube and Lost Battles.)

Thanks guys for your interest.

Regards
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2015, 08:08 AM,
RE: Looking for opponents [matchmaking]
There are some of us around. If you play either of the full campaigns its going to take a while and I expect some folks are doing that. For instance I'm in a Battleground Italy scenario from War in the West and it's only 93 turns long. If you do get the game do get the mega pack as they do add more shorter scenarios. Let me know if you do and we can strike something up.

(08-27-2015, 11:41 PM)Antoni Chmielowski Wrote: Any active players of Gary Grigsby`s War in The East ?

I ask before I spend a lot of money buying it on Steam

( I am thinking of buying the Mega Pack which includes the base game, + Don to the Danube and Lost Battles.)

Thanks guys for your interest.

Regards
08-28-2015, 01:11 PM,
Thanks for the prompt reply !

Its now definitely on my to buy list !.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-29-2015, 02:31 AM,
(08-28-2015, 01:11 PM)Antoni Chmielowski Wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply !

Its now definitely on my to buy list !.

Game now purchased - any potential opponents please ?

Thanks

Toni
08-29-2015, 04:44 AM,
Toni,

Pick out a small or medium scenario and fire it up.  Doesn't matter to me.  You can send it to nelmsm (at) nts (dash) online (dot) net
08-29-2015, 04:51 AM,
(08-29-2015, 04:44 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: Toni,

Pick out a small or medium scenario and fire it up.  Doesn't matter to me.  You can send it to nelmsm (at) nts (dash) online (dot) net

Thank you for fighting me !

I will pick one out and send it over tomorrow mate.

Toni
08-29-2015, 12:42 PM,
Good to have you jump in here Toni. Although the short scenarios are quick, and fun, I have to say now that I have tried the full campaign in WitE that it really shines there. It seems reasonably well balanced, lots of decisions to make, but it does take a long time.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-29-2015, 03:09 PM,
The full campaign sounds good Rick, but I know I will need to play a few battles before I even consider that!
08-29-2015, 11:20 PM,
Definitely takes time, there is soooo much to learn in the game to play it decently well. There are many parts I haven't gotten a good grasp of yet. But you can play it as in depth as you like, the engine handles a lot of things if you leave it to do so.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-30-2015, 07:18 AM,
Rick is being very modest here.  I would say that by now he has a very good grasp of War in the East.
It is a great game.  The long campaign scenario is well balanced and can be enjoyed playing either side.
The earlier "Road to..." scenarios are not well balanced and the victory conditions of some of them need editing.  They are good for gaining experience but don't judge the game by only playing them.

I also have the Lost Battles scenario pack.  They are short scenarios, well designed, and fun to play as well.

Tony