• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guide of how to PBEM in Panzer Campaigns/FWWC titles.
01-11-2019, 05:04 AM,
RE: Guide of how to PBEM in Panzer Campaigns/FWWC titles.
No immediate questions, and not in a hurry for the files. I'm heavily engaged in two one-on-one games right now.

Thanks Mr. G!
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2019, 04:12 AM,
I've got another newb question: can you save a game, exit the program, then come back and finish a turn without corrupting the .bte file? I'm playing TOC and Squad Battles.

The games I have started so far have been on the small side, and I can easily finish a turn in one sitting. But yesterday, I started a large Kharkov '43 game. I'm wondering if I can complete the move of a division for example, close the program, mull it over for a while, and then come back.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
01-17-2019, 04:58 AM,
Sure, why not?
01-17-2019, 07:58 AM,
Yes just hit the save button on the toolbar before you shut the program down, when you open the scenario again you will need to enter your password, there is no limit to times you can do this.
01-17-2019, 01:34 PM,
There is a setting that blocks saving during a turn. And at least years ago, it had a bug, so if you played a scenario with it on, then opened a second scenario and played, it would get turned on for that turn.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-17-2019, 10:59 PM,
(01-17-2019, 01:34 PM)Ricky B Wrote: There is a setting that blocks saving during a turn. And at least years ago, it had a bug, so if you played a scenario with it on, then opened a second scenario and played, it would get turned on for that turn.

Rick

I'm playing PzC Gold, so should I check the settings, or has the bug been corrected in Gold?
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
01-18-2019, 03:01 PM,
It hasn't been corrected, it is quite rare that anyone plays with no save on. Are you getting a message that you can't save when you try? If so, your only solution would be to go back to the last turn with save not blocked, and then be sure to quit out and go back in in between games, if you are playing one with no save on.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-18-2019, 11:35 PM,
(01-18-2019, 03:01 PM)Ricky B Wrote: It hasn't been corrected, it is quite rare that anyone plays with no save on. Are you getting a message that you can't save when you try? If so, your only solution would be to go back to the last turn with save not blocked, and then be sure to quit out and go back in in between games, if you are playing one with no save on.

Ricky, I haven't had any problems. Yesterday morning I did a portion of a turn, saved the game, then went back and did a little more a few hours later. All my actions from the first session had been saved.