• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replacements
08-05-2015, 09:35 AM,
RE: Replacements
(08-05-2015, 09:30 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Jonny, you understand the difference now? The PDT value, that I described, is global for a side, and is based on LOST strength of a unit, not full strength. Big Duke shows the info on replacements, which are based on full strength, and means that a unit, even at 1%, can fairly quickly regain a lot of strength. That value is set in the OOB, by whatever level the designer wants, so a division can have a value set, a battalion in the division can have a different value, tank units can have a different value than engineers, etc.

And it should be kept low, because say at 10% a unit that is in good supply can recover full strength in less than 10 turns/1 day in most scenarios.

Yup, got it, LOSTstrength, quite a difference. Thanks jonny:Helmet Smile
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2015, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015, 03:17 AM by Caronte.)
(08-05-2015, 04:21 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Manual tells this:
Replacements
In addition to the strength recovery described above, it is possible for certain
organizations in the order of battle to receive replacements. When this is
defined for an organization, then each unit eligible ...
How do you know which units are eligible?
08-07-2015, 03:55 AM,
(08-07-2015, 03:16 AM)Caronte Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:21 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: Manual tells this:
Replacements
In addition to the strength recovery described above, it is possible for certain
organizations in the order of battle to receive replacements. When this is
defined for an organization, then each unit eligible ...
How do you know which units are eligible?

As I understand it, any unit that has not expended movement points is eligible for replacements. jonny Helmet Wink
08-07-2015, 05:56 AM,
I've noticed that some units never get replacements, like the German Guards in France '14 and artillery in EP. I'm not sure how you can tell what units never get reinforcements other than their strength never goes up.
08-09-2015, 10:11 AM,
Unless we get a detailed explanation of the OOB(where the replacement rates for each unit are stored) we're in the dark, notes.pdf just barely mentions replacements here and there but gives no general clue of what units in each armies different branches & quality levels get as replacements.
08-09-2015, 11:27 AM,
It is defined in the OOB, so viewing the OOB is the only way to know for a specific unit. With the OOB editor, it is easy to check a formation, and its parents, to see if there is a replacement rate set. For France 14, an editor from other games can be used to check, maybe. I believe the values are stored in the formation entry - the 0 in the below entry, as an example. Units don't get their own replacement value, so it is set for a formation and everything under that formation gets it, unless a lower level formation has its own.

Rick

Russian AG 32612 0 Voronezh Front
[Image: exercise.png]