• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '40 where is the Luftwaffe ?
08-03-2015, 12:52 AM,
France '40 where is the Luftwaffe ?
A quick question about France'40:
Did they remove the Luftwaffe folder in a recent patch ?
MapMod and Volcano Man's mods still have a "Luftwaffe" folder but my version of France'40 (JTS download version, downloaded a few days ago) does not.
The game version is 2.0 ("Initial John Tiller Software release").

Any idea ?
As far as i know there where only a two different Fallschirmjäger units from "Sturm-Abteilung Koch" inside the Luftwaffe/Units folder.
Looks like the same file names can be found in the German/units folder.
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 08:34 AM,
RE: France '40 where is the Luftwaffe ?
Possibly they ( JTS ) condensed them ?
As I recall they were in the game as the Paras that dropped on the Belgium Forts ?
08-04-2015, 09:12 AM,
(08-03-2015, 12:52 AM)wiggum Wrote: A quick question about France'40:
MapMod and Volcano Man's mods still have a "Luftwaffe" folder but my version of France'40 (JTS download version, downloaded a few days ago) does not.

Any idea ?
As far as i know there where only a two different Fallschirmjäger units from "Sturm-Abteilung Koch" inside the Luftwaffe/Units folder.

The Luftwaffe should be gone from F 40 as they are way too powerful because those fellows never get shot down (or hardly ever) and therefore the Luftwaffe in F 40 remains at full strength throughout the game; even though historically they lost over 1000 aircraft in the 6 week campaign. I am sure it is some download oversight though. jonny Big Grin
08-04-2015, 04:29 PM,
(08-03-2015, 12:52 AM)wiggum Wrote: A quick question about France'40:

Any idea ?

The Luftwaffe folders are modded in to allow Luftwaffe ground units to have their own unique counter color in Volcanos alternate scenarios. In the original game they use the standard german color, hence no Luftwaffe folders in the original.

Jison
Send this user an email