• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC "Fog of War" too foggy?
08-01-2015, 11:16 PM,
c_Question Mark  PzC "Fog of War" too foggy?
Gents: Smoke7

Newbie player observation...

It "seems" that when watching the enemy turn replay, while there are various audio clues (air strikes, artillery bombardments, naval bombardments sounds, etc.) that indicate your units are under attack... its hard to discern visually what is happening to your units? Idea2

I know that a fire marker counter will display on top of the target unit when it is fired upon by various enemy unit types. Should not the units that are being attacked know what type of enemy attack they are suffering under (e.g. air attack versus artillery) and radio that information to HQ? A visual counter indicator (e.g. aircraft silhouette or artillery symbol) could display next to the targeted unit?

Or... as I suspect... a "good" PzC Commander needs to be able to discern what's happening on the battlefield mainly by the fire marker counter and audio clues?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 05:09 AM,
RE: PzC "Fog of War" too foggy?
A good PZC Commander has extra staff working for them in their head. Or was that recent Pixar movie I saw with the kids?

Anyways....
Go to your menu and choose Settings, then uncheck On Map Results. This will bring up a dialog for every combat result. It really slows down the replay for your opponent. Your opponent can do it for you to watch in your turn. This really slows down the replays as each person has to click through the dialog showing each result. I would do this in the short term, but it is better to go to the Getting Started scenario and set up a HOT Seat game for yourself to play against yourself and watch these results as you play around with different types of attacks.

If you are fine with using the On Map Results feature but just need the replay to slow down, click on the menu for help. Choose General Help (not Sgt Help).
Navigate in the General Help pdf to the Hot keys section. There it explains the use of your PC Function keys. Those are the ones at the top of the keyboard everyone with a mouse ignores. You can press these keys during replay to speed it up, slow it down or reset back to default speed. These need to be adjusted for your PC as every PC runs the games at slightly different speeds.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-02-2015, 08:25 AM,
RE: PzC "Fog of War" too foggy?
Yes I think this is something that comes with experience, you can try the dialog box feature that DS suggests rather than the "On Map" results, but because you have to click on "OK" for every fire result it does get very tedious and really slows the replay down and because of that everyone normally changes back to the default setting. Wink