• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EP14 map
07-19-2015, 03:36 PM,
EP14 map
Just finished an excellent PBEM game of EP14. I highly recommend EP14 if you are interested in trying a WW1 game. IMHO it is easier to get into than France14 and there are more maneuvre possibilities.

Another big plus is the map which has wonderful detail and the varied terrain plays a big part in the game.
Jison has done a great job with the map.

However I did find the permanent hex sides to be distracting and for me it does reduce immersion. Has anybody created a mod which allows you to toggle off the hex sides or remove them completely ?
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2015, 06:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015, 11:11 PM by SandySandie.)
RE: EP14 map
RE: East Prussia 14 question

Image has been scaled down 57% (775x436). Click this bar to view original image (1775x998). Click image to open in new window.

[Image: Lotzen.jpg]

Something like this?

Late edit. Thanks to all the modders out there, Devine, Jison, Phillippe, Volcano and many more.
Cheers Sandy
Did'nt get this post correct, so go back to page 3, see PHOENIX East Prussia 14 question post 2
Cheers Sandy
07-20-2015, 12:28 PM,
(07-19-2015, 03:36 PM)Kharkov Wrote: Just finished an excellent PBEM game of EP14. I highly recommend EP14 if you are interested in trying a WW1 game. IMHO it is easier to get into than France14 and there are more maneuvre possibilities.

Another big plus is the map which has wonderful detail and the varied terrain plays a big part in the game.

However I did find the permanent hex sides to be distracting and for me it does reduce immersion. Has anybody created a mod which allows you to toggle off the hex sides or remove them completely ?

Jison didn't create the map. The game designer, Ed Williams, designed the map and did, I think, all the map research. jonny Big Grin
07-20-2015, 06:05 PM,
(07-20-2015, 12:28 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 03:36 PM)Kharkov Wrote: Just finished an excellent PBEM game of EP14. I highly recommend EP14 if you are interested in trying a WW1 game. IMHO it is easier to get into than France14 and there are more maneuvre possibilities.

Jison didn't create the map. The game designer, Ed Williams, designed the map and did, I think, all the map research. jonny Big Grin
07-20-2015, 06:07 PM,
(07-20-2015, 12:28 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

Oh okay. All due credit to Ed then.
07-20-2015, 06:14 PM,
(07-19-2015, 06:31 PM)SandySandie Wrote: RE: East Prussia 14 question

Image has been scaled down 57% (775x436). Click this bar to view original image (1775x998). Click image to open in new window.

[Image: Lotzen.jpg]

Something like this?

Late edit. Thanks to all the modders out there, Devine, Jison, Phillippe, Volcano and many more.
Cheers Sandy
Did'nt get this post correct, so go back to page 3, see PHOENIX East Prussia 14 question post 2

Thanks SandySandie. I see that Phoenix has raised this question before.
07-21-2015, 05:56 AM,
(07-20-2015, 12:28 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Jison didn't create the map. The game designer, Ed Williams, designed the map and did, I think, all the map research. jonny Big Grin

Actually, I would love to take all the credit, but it was a great group effort -- Blackie made the actual map in that one (as well as F14), and Jison made the artwork. I did the "other stuff". Big Grin
Send this user an email