• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
08-08-2015, 06:58 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
(08-08-2015, 05:14 AM)Xaver Wrote: My bet hehehe.

Number 11 : Polish Airborne

Xaver...;) Polish Airborne ? Are you sure ? ;)
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2015, 09:23 AM,
(08-08-2015, 03:52 AM)wiggum Wrote: Why not use NATO symbols without any unit picture for the "zoomed out '50' size" ?
Looks much better and cleaner if you ask me.

[Image: 9LHYxKW.png]

You don't own this series yet :)

There are 7 counters that represent a unit. All are changeable on the fly for the player to choose.

Here are the three zoom levels and the variety of counters at 100% size;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20190.png]

And at 200%;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20191.png]

David
08-08-2015, 09:34 AM,
(08-08-2015, 05:14 AM)Xaver Wrote: Thanks for the info, looks interesting but maybe i feel strange no Lufftwaffe units... maybe i am wrong but the colour... luffwaffe land divisions had a more blue uniform.

My bet hehehe.

Number 1 : Kriegsmarine
Number 2 : Heer
Number 3 : SS
Number 4 : US
Number 5 : US Airborne
Number 6 : Commando unit... French
Number 7 : Commonwealth
Number 8 : British Airborne
Number 9 : Belgian
Number 10 : Canadian
Number 11 : Polish Airborne
Number 12 : British

I dont expect see special counter colour for Ost units or even garrisons...

Keep it moving, work harder and faster, good luck.

That's a grand total of 6 from 12 for Xaver. Please remember that picking a right 'nationality' in a wrong order is a miss.

I'm also giving Davemic a bonus point for actually finding a picture of "Küstenartillerie" - I had to go back and justify some uniform colouring...!

David
08-08-2015, 08:46 PM,
(08-08-2015, 09:23 AM)Strela Wrote: You don't own this series yet :)

...which will change with the PzB 2 release...hurry up ! Big Grin
08-10-2015, 08:47 PM,
Colours are not my "stronk" point... like a man for me only are 1 red, 1 blue, 1 brown... i dont have any sensitivity for colours... black or white, grey is for me a mistery Rolling Eyes i can try rework list but i have serious problems to decide what do with brown counters... i allways see french units in brown (or Rumanian troops) the UK and his Commowealth allies are my Aquiles heel.

But maybe the first guy is a mistery for me... the portrait shows an infantry unit (i discard luftwaffe AAA units becuase in game you show here the gun, not the crew) but the Normandy luftwaffe units were fallschirmjager, the lufftwaffe land divisions and the luftlande division and they have very specific uniforms... it could be from a luftwaffe land division BUT they use here a less green uniform and specific camo.

Well, at least i conect some hits... i am low in my detective abilities better i avoid try do a prediction about release date Big Grin2

PD: how many time you plan mantein the official release name under top secret???
08-11-2015, 12:34 PM,
It is tough trying to figure them out without breaking down the Commonwealth. So, I will gamble, providing people are sure it is Normandy area and not possibly somewhere in Italy..........

1) Kreigsmarine
2) Heer
3) SS
4) US
5) US Airborne
6) French
7) Canadian
8) Polish
9) British
10) Dutch
11) British Airborne
12) Scottish
08-11-2015, 02:09 PM,
(08-10-2015, 08:47 PM)Xaver Wrote: PD: how many time you plan mantein the official release name under top secret???

Not too much longer...!!Helmet Smile
08-11-2015, 02:10 PM,
(08-11-2015, 12:34 PM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: It is tough trying to figure them out without breaking down the Commonwealth. So, I will gamble, providing people are sure it is Normandy area and not possibly somewhere in Italy..........

1) Kreigsmarine
2) Heer
3) SS
4) US
5) US Airborne
6) French
7) Canadian
8) Polish
9) British
10) Dutch
11) British Airborne
12) Scottish

Well done OJW!

That's the best to date with 9 out of 12.

People should be able to start triangulating the differences (and similarities).

David
08-11-2015, 09:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015, 09:52 PM by Xaver.)
thanks for the reply Strela... i have some problems to create my "i want it and want it yesterday" list... some social requirements appear in my horizont and sunk my euro convoy... i am going to have limited my options some months and lack of free time is not a great help to.

Ummm i think that the problem is in know who is UK and who is not UK between canadians and dutch troops... in PzC usually UK troops are the light brown (cream maybe???) and aussies a darker brown BUT in Normandy i think we have the Canadians THAT in PzC Normandy are in a colour like orange and duch troops uses a even more clear brown than UK in Market Garden.

1) Lufttwaffe (by portrait i think in navy but by box i think in lufftwaffe)
2) Heer
3) SS
4) US
5) US Airborne
6) French
7) Canadian (or dutch???)
8) Polish
9) Belgiam
10) Dutch (or canadian???)
11) British Airborne
12) British
08-11-2015, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2015, 10:30 PM by ComradeP.)
I think the first six being Kriegsmarine, Heer, SS, US, US airborne and the French are correct.

I'm not sure why the colour for US airborne would be so different, but it's possible.

7 being Canada is also very likely, and my guess.

11 being British airborne is also probably true.

I'm guessing OJW had 8, 9 and 12 wrong, to use the list with the most correct guesses thus far.

8 - if it isn't Polish, my guess is Belgian, Brigade Piron. The baret is so blurry that the emblem could very well be a lion.

10, the colour being orange means it's probably Dutch. What's confusing is that the shoulder emblem is, in its blurry state, nearly identical to number 9. The Dutch didn't wear divisional insignia, but a small rectangular patch with "Prinses Irene" and a patch with a lion and the word "Nederland" below it.

Now for the problematic part.

I don't think Scottish troops are likely to be included as their own nationality. For all intents and purposes, they were integrated into the army of the United Kingdom as a whole.

Now, the Polish had no normal infantry in Normandy as far as I know, so they can't be 12. That means they can only be 9, if everything else is as I wrote above. However, Xaver guessed 12 as British and that's wrong if the first 6 are indeed what we think they are, unless Strela didn't count his guess for 6 as French because Xaver wrote Commando French.

Strictly speaking, the guess could be wrong because it would technically be United Kingdom. It isn't Commonwealth because there are no other Commonwealth countries involved aside from Canada, so it wouldn't make much sense to have a Commonwealth nation for just the UK.

Another option is that it's a Commando nationality, but as far as I know they preferred fighting with barets on. And if it's Commando, there would be no British/UK nationality on the list.

I'll have to think things over again, but I'm guessing:

1: Kriegsmarine.
2: Heer.
3: SS.
4. US.
5. US Airborne
6. French.
7. Canadian.
8. Belgian.
9. Polish.
10. Dutch.
11. British Airborne.
12. United Kingdom.

I'll also have to take a closer look at things, but it seems the locations of the Axis and Allied counters (top left - top right) are reversed compared to PB: Kursk (or that might simply depend on which side starts or which side you're playing as, I've actually never looked at it before in that detail). That's probably not what Strela means, though.