• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
12-05-2015, 07:17 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
There is a smaller unit campaign too that David listed. Although the 2nd Armored is mostly focused on one combat command through most of the battles with other formations involved depending on the battle.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 09:13 PM,
Thanks for the answer, maybe i prefer medium to small actions in campaign mode... specially following one specific unit where you need manage it carefully to dont break next battles.

Well, continue working hard... harder the work earlier the release hehehe.
12-09-2015, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 06:09 PM by phoenix.)
What's the latest sitrep on release for PB2, David? I can't recall reading anywhere whether you were trying to get it out for Christmas/holiday period - that's only 2 weeks away now, of course.....Is that something possible, or should we not be looking forward to playing it over the holiday period at all?

Peter
12-09-2015, 06:22 PM,
(12-09-2015, 06:08 PM)phoenix Wrote: What's the latest sitrep on release for PB2, David? I can't recall reading anywhere whether you were trying to get it out for Christmas/holiday period - that's only 2 weeks away now, of course.....Is that something possible, or should we not be looking forward to playing it over the holiday period at all?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I mentioned wargamers wives having an easy decision on what to put under the tree for their better halves.

That hasn't changed...

David
12-09-2015, 06:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 06:47 PM by Xaver.)
(12-09-2015, 06:22 PM)Strela Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 06:08 PM)phoenix Wrote: What's the latest sitrep on release for PB2, David? I can't recall reading anywhere whether you were trying to get it out for Christmas/holiday period - that's only 2 weeks away now, of course.....Is that something possible, or should we not be looking forward to playing it over the holiday period at all?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I mentioned wargamers wives having an easy decision on what to put under the tree for their better halves.

That hasn't changed...

David

Dont say that Strela, wives are wives and i dont want another pair of socks and pants... be a wargamer is like be a kid, "Santa" could decide gift clothes and dont become mad trying understand something about dark world of toys/wargames .... the murphys law, "if you dont know WTF is that thing the guy wants... gift socks... he allways need socks" Rolling Eyes

PD: 2 long weeks... i want someday have an early access system even if you only can recon the OOB and maps  Helmet Wink
12-10-2015, 01:10 AM,
Good. Thanks.
12-10-2015, 03:49 AM,
I consulted the calendar and except a surprise ninja release on this week... i think we are going to have it next week... 18 th friday because i doubt you want release game in the "big week", you know, work in the special dinners, buy extra ammo to deal with family  ... "o my god they are using christmas carrols MONSTERS!!!!" Rifle4 Big Grin2
12-11-2015, 10:37 AM,
I am very impressed with the introduction of the new features.

Thanks for taking the time to post all of those pictures and explaining everything.

It sure looks like a winner, in my department.

Thanks
12-11-2015, 10:19 PM,
Hi Everyone,

I'm travelling again so pray my data is all backed up!!

It's that time of the week and before I get harassed, I thought I better post something...!

It's been another busy week, with a range of test results and queries coming in.

The latest scenarios have had a work out and a number have been changed pretty significantly. For example, Kevin Hankins showed how wrong my setup was for the Poles in Totalize and I have completely redone Cauvicourt. The testing with Wittmann's last ride also showed some erroneous placements and unit strengths and that has also been corrected.

As mentioned a week or so ago, we have finally completed all the graphics (hooray!!). I finally added the number of individual pictures covering the unit art and all the counters. This tallied up to 8,242  Yikes Yikes Yikes individual pieces of art - all of which had to be done/created by hand. No wonder it took so long!

Finally, as shown recently with the Visual Order of Battle, we're completing additional collateral for the game. Much of this in draft form, but is essentially complete.

I thought this weeks Teaser could include some of the available collateral that will ship with the game, but will also be available for free from John Tillers web site after release.

So without further ado.....

Here is the Getting Started Document (9 MB). As mentioned these are all draft documents but you will get the general idea. The link is after the image - all links shown will not be permanent and will be removed once the game is released;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20333.jpg]

LINK for the Getting Started Guide

The next item is the game map shown in a single PNG file. Please be aware this is a large file of approximately 190 MB - do not download if you're bandwidth constrained. This map is captured at the middle zoom level with location names and hexes turned on. I'm not certain if everyone is aware, but there is a nifty 'Snapshot' feature under the 'File' menu in the game. You can edit the capture later if you like.

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20381.jpg]

Link for Normandy - Summer Map

Finally, Mike Avanzini has pulled together another superlative Map Pack to accompany the game. We have managed to get access to the actual 12th & 21st Army Group maps that were drawn every night at midnight showing the current ground situation. They are absolutely fascinating to look at. Mike has overlaid the maps with the included scenarios so you can orientate where a scenario is being fought. This is another huge file at 203 MB, please only download if you have appropriate bandwidth. Another comment regarding the maps - you will notice that opening these on a normal screen that they are at between 20% - 30% size. You can zoom these in a long way and the details will be maintained. 

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20380.jpg]

Link for the Situation Maps

That's it for this week. We are pushing hard and have called in some extra reinforcements that helped us in the final run up to releasing Kursk - hopefully they can perform their magic again!!!!

[Image: 48b35ec376PB%20Graphics%2028.png]

David
12-11-2015, 10:33 PM,
(12-11-2015, 10:19 PM)Strela Wrote: We are pushing hard and have called in some extra reinforcements that helped us in the final run up to releasing Kursk - hopefully they can perform their magic again!!!!

[Image: 48b35ec376PB%20Graphics%2028.png]

David

Gents:  Smoke7

I think this unit's Morale should be an "A"... or maybe units that begin the turn stacked with it have THEIR Morale "upgraded" to "A" status?  Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email