• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
12-04-2015, 08:16 PM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread
Great post, David. Thanks. Can I ask - is the campaign system designed to be played against the AI, and as such will give a good game, even in larger scenarios? I realise you can play it H2H too, but wondered if the main idea was for it to be a single player thing? I've often wondered this about Squad Battles campaigns too. Here as there, there seems to be no recommendation to play from either side against the AI and I was wondering if you thus had really written that many scripts for each branch of each campaign, so as to make the AI effective?

Peter
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 08:34 PM,
(12-04-2015, 08:16 PM)phoenix Wrote: Great post, David. Thanks. Can I ask - is the campaign system designed to be played against the AI, and as such will give a good game, even in larger scenarios? I realise you can play it H2H too, but wondered if the main idea was for it to be a single player thing? I've often wondered this about Squad Battles campaigns too. Here as there, there seems to be no recommendation to play from either side against the AI and I was wondering if you thus had really written that many scripts for each branch of each campaign, so as to make the AI effective?

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have an opinion but I'll let Rick chime in.

David
12-04-2015, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 10:34 PM by Xaver.)
A little thing... in the art area... i notice the soviet 76mm infantry gun portrait... is the same since Smolensk41 (same in Kursk SF) maybe in future you can replace it for a better portrait specially if PzB serie visits again east front  Helmet Wink

Something like this

[Image: zve6145d.jpg]

EDIT: sorry i dont remember ask this, the visual OOB is the final version??? because many formations are not present... for example luftwaffe land divisions, the luftlanda division, Ost battalions and other minor units like the Schnelle Brigade 30, thanks.
12-05-2015, 01:38 AM,
(12-04-2015, 10:24 PM)Xaver Wrote: EDIT: sorry i dont remember ask this, the visual OOB is the final version??? because many formations are not present... for example luftwaffe land divisions, the luftlanda division, Ost battalions and other minor units like the Schnelle Brigade 30, thanks.

Hi,

The Visual OB is complete. The cover says it is representative units meaning examples, not all.

It would probably be 1,000 pages not the current 136 if we included all the formations....

David
12-05-2015, 04:45 AM,
Thanks David. Rick is to chime in?
12-05-2015, 05:11 AM,
Thanks for the answer Strela, i now you are very busy on this days... you even multiply to be in all PzB Normandy combats supporting with your MG-42  Helmet Wink

PD: i think you have 4-5 secured first day sells.
12-05-2015, 05:15 AM,
Probably more like 50+
12-05-2015, 05:44 AM,
(12-05-2015, 04:45 AM)phoenix Wrote: Thanks David. Rick is to chime in?

David promised it was going to be the Marilyn unit  Whistle. For the campaign choices I tried to optimize the scenario choices for each side to counter one of the choices the other side can make. Then the AI has weightings for each scenario that will lean toward what I feel is the better choice but it could pick either.

That leaves the battles themselves where it is the normal AI.

I played through against the ai and it did vary its choices from one run to another which to me is a win.
[Image: exercise.png]
12-05-2015, 05:45 AM,
And I have to add that David has done a wonderful job on the campaign images and text. Thanks for that David.
[Image: exercise.png]
12-05-2015, 06:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2015, 06:06 AM by Xaver.)
(12-05-2015, 05:15 AM)wiggum Wrote: Probably more like 50+

Well, in the wargames club/forum where i move/post more in my language  the PzB2 is in the "shut up and take my money"+"we want it and want it yesterday" status the question is when buy it, not to bur or not to buy  Rolling Eyes

A little question about campaigns... you never think in create a small campaigns set??? i refer follow the actions of a regiment for example, a shorter campaign with 3-4 actions, more a linked set of alternate scens, not for PzB2 but in PzB3 to expand the value of campaign system... a way to have a fast linked scens mode for PBEM.

PD: Marilyn unit is stuck in the rearguard it has problems with "parachutes"  Tornado

[Image: associated20press_marilyn_monroe_seven_y...large.jpeg]