• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles 2
05-13-2015, 06:47 AM,
Panzer Battles 2
Whatever happened to Panzer battles 2?

I've no doubt it is being worked on but there has been nary a mention for several months now.

No news?

Cheers
Jim
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2015, 01:44 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles 2
(05-13-2015, 06:47 AM)jimcrowley Wrote: Whatever happened to Panzer battles 2?

I've no doubt it is being worked on but there has been nary a mention for several months now.

No news?

Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim,

There is lots of news, it's just that we're not ready to share yet!

In all seriousness, Panzer Battles 2 is coming together nicely. With the amount of content it's closer to Panzer Battles 2.5!

The testers just got a new build in the last 24 hours and we continue to build more scenarios for the final game.

All the OB work is complete as is all the graphics in game. Mike Avanzini has just finished the first draft of the Visual OB and I can honestly say it is a step beyond the version we provided with Kursk. It really is a very good looking reference tool.

We still have the rest of the documentation to do as well as flesh out the 'big' new feature that will be included in this new title. We continue to improve the game map and as mentioned in another thread somewhere the included map is 4+ times bigger than the one in Kursk.

The other big positive is that three new Panzer Battles game designers are involved and that will only help us in the future.

So the inevitable question when will it be out? When it's done....

We'll start sharing more as we approach that day, but I can say that there will probably not be another Panzer Battles title this big - I don't think anyone will be disappointed with it.

David
05-14-2015, 08:13 AM,
Hi David

That sounds incredibly exciting and ambitious.

Will be watching very carefully for news!

Cheers
Jim
05-17-2015, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM by wiggum.)
If you are really that far into the development then the scenario should not change anymore, then why not just tell us what the scenario will be ?
France 1940 or what ?
Big Grin
05-18-2015, 07:47 PM,
(05-17-2015, 08:38 PM)wiggum Wrote: If you are really that far into the development then the scenario should not change anymore, then why not just tell us what the scenario will be ?
France 1940 or what ?
Big Grin

It's definitely 'or what'!!!

Sorry to disappoint but PzB 2 is not France '40. That said that will be a great topic when we get to it.

PzB 2 is Western Front and takes inspiration from one of the PzC titles already released. The OB work for this one is amazing and is probably definitive at platoon level for this particular campaign.

Of note, I've seen some early work for PzB 3 and that will be another uber cool title as well...!

David
05-18-2015, 09:41 PM,
I think the PB Kursk formula of having scenarios that cover about a day, with losses being "replaced" in between the scenarios, works well.

I'm hoping the larger scenarios of PB 2 will also cover about a day, even though that might leave the player with a feeling of not achieving too much if it's Normandy/France '44 as historical progress was very slow compared to the Eastern Front until the breakout started.

The current loss rate is in my opinion not suitable for scenarios lasting longer than a day. Even though casualties from artillery fire are not high, there's also often no pause in the fighting, so your forces tend to experience a "death through a thousand cuts" mauling where their strength is slowly depleted. This is often more of a problem for the defender than the attacker in the current title, but German losses can also become quite high in numerous scenarios, particularly on the flanks.
05-18-2015, 10:17 PM,
Interesting, PzB3 is starting it engine and 3 more are on the way, gold era of PzB.

I remember some months ago talk about PzB2 and was set in a time between Normandy and Market Garden... I dont dislike the first clues that open the door to France 40 but maybe for PzB i am more attracted by the desert front (Crusader).

I like see full battles, maybe over all in a map ala PzC something like SB or ACW/Nap with linked scens with operational decisions... maybe decide if play the divisional campaign or corps campaign (you can play a campaign at the scale you prefer and maybe decide what unit command)... scens where you need have in mind "the next day battle"... and here i see Crusader as a good option.

Ummm a new feature in PzB2??? something new or from other engine version??? (i think in the fanatical rule in PzC that never was used).

Glad see that art job is done and documentation is practically ready... maybe time to show something??? even with some soft

[Image: photo1057.jpg]

Big Grin
07-17-2015, 11:15 PM,
Here we are, two months on......and still nothing. Really?

I'm puzzled as to why there has to be so much secrecy about the location/coverage of the new title.

The 'we're working on something which is nearly done but we're not going to tell you what it is' marketing/sales approach eludes me entirely.

Can't see what it is designed to achieve other than, perhaps, causing frustration to folk who might like to be doing some background reading etc. on the upcoming theatre.

Come on, it's only a game; not a new top-secret weapons development!