• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sicily 43 - Enjoying the Heck Out of it!
07-15-2015, 09:26 PM,
Thumbs_Up  Sicily 43 - Enjoying the Heck Out of it!
Gents: Smoke7

I'm a newbie PzC player who purchased his first title in the series - Sicily 43 a few days ago. Big Grin

I have two PBeM games underway with Francisco (Bellegarde) and Brian (Dog Solder) Shark

Really enjoying the combined arms aspects (land, air, naval)... with a LOT of thought process needed for each turn!

I may require a lot of Help2 after these games... but am learning a LOT about the game mechanics and play.

My only regret was that I did not discover the Tiller PzC Operational titles earlier in my war game hobby! Wink
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2015, 11:35 PM,
RE: Sicily 43 - Enjoying the Heck Out of it!
(07-15-2015, 09:26 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: Smoke7

I'm a newbie PzC player who purchased his first title in the series - Sicily 43 a few days ago. Big Grin

I have two PBeM games underway with Francisco (Bellegarde) and Brian (Dog Solder) Shark

Really enjoying the combined arms aspects (land, air, naval)... with a LOT of thought process needed for each turn!

I may require a lot of Help2 after these games... but am learning a LOT about the game mechanics and play.

My only regret was that I did not discover the Tiller PzC Operational titles earlier in my war game hobby! Wink

Glad your enjoying it. One of my favorite PzC games. Are you playing Allies ? Glenn & Blackie did a grand job with the variable Para drops feature IMO.
07-15-2015, 11:56 PM,
(07-15-2015, 11:35 PM)Fog of War Wrote: Glad your enjoying it. One of my favorite PzC games. Are you playing Allies ? Glenn & Blackie did a grand job with the variable Para drops feature IMO.

We're playing "A Day at the Beach" extended 20 turn scenario and using Darran's H2H version. With two games underway, I'm playing one as the Allies and the other as the Axis.

Quick observation - Allied paratroops suffer horrendous casualties during their drops... before any combat! Airdrop
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
07-16-2015, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015, 12:19 AM by Fog of War.)
(07-15-2015, 11:56 PM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 11:35 PM)Fog of War Wrote: Glad your enjoying it. One of my favorite PzC games. Are you playing Allies ? Glenn & Blackie did a grand job with the variable Para drops feature IMO.

We're playing "A Day at the Beach" extended 20 turn scenario and using Darran's H2H version. With two games underway, I'm playing one as the Allies and the other as the Axis.

Quick observation - Allied paratroops suffer horrendous casualties during their drops... before any combat! Airdrop

I _think_ that`s to simulate the "scatter effect" of the night drop on the companies, as well as the para`s "Friendly Fire" losses from the navy near the beach. They will recover unit strength reasonably fast as guys rejoin the units.
07-16-2015, 12:25 AM,
You'll get some of that in Normandy as well, especially the scatter, which can only go so far with the unit sizes. Market-Garden has almost none.
07-16-2015, 02:02 AM,
(07-15-2015, 09:26 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: My only regret was that I did not discover the Tiller PzC Operational titles earlier in my war game hobby! Wink

Better hide your credit card before you realize there are 20 more PzC titles! Propeller Hat
07-16-2015, 03:41 AM,
(07-15-2015, 11:56 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Quick observation - Allied paratroops suffer horrendous casualties during their drops... before any combat! Airdrop

Glad you are enjoying my edited version of this scenario, as Allies remember to do everything to take the bunker held by the disrupted Italian unit, it will help to blunt the counter attack when it comes!!

Both the British & American glider/para drops in this campaign suffered heavy casualties and spread troops all over the SE of the island, a number of British gliders were released from their tow too early and landed in the sea!!
07-16-2015, 11:03 AM,
(07-16-2015, 02:02 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 09:26 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: My only regret was that I did not discover the Tiller PzC Operational titles earlier in my war game hobby! Wink

Better hide your credit card before you realize there are 20 more PzC titles! Propeller Hat

I didn't get that warning until it was too late. Can't really call it a mistake ... unless I'm talking to the Mrs. Big Grin2
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach