• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB Hex Info Area
07-10-2015, 12:11 AM,
SB Hex Info Area
Hi Everyone,

In starting the the new Winter War tournament, I noticed the Hex Info Area is at the bottom of the screen. I cannot find a way to move it to the top, left or right as in other JTS/HPS games.

From the manual it says the standard wording...
Hex Info Area
On the bottom of the screen is the Hex Info Area (the location of the Hex Info Area can be changed from the Settings Menu).

Checking the settings menu in Winter War I discovered the option to do this is missing. I have version 1.01 of WW. I checked several other SB game including RV, which is the most recent game I have. All are missing this feature. Did I miss some sort of update or trick?

Dog Soldier

The SB Setting menu is on the left. The PzB/PzC setting menu is on the right. Note the missing Hex info area setting in the SB menu.

[Image: Compare%20Settings%20Menu.jpg]
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 09:23 AM,
RE: SB Hex Info Area
That's a new one on me. Clearly you are more observant than I am!

I have no knowledge about any updates. I was working with Rich on some other updates, but that effort stalled out and I'm not sure if any ones are coming in the future.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-10-2015, 02:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 02:41 PM by Der Landser.)
I assume that you found the info on page 2 of the Users Manual. Page 32 of the Main Program Help states that the Hex Info Area is displayed on the bottom of the screen. It makes no mention that the Hex Info Area can be moved.

I've only known the the Hex Info Area to be at the bottom of the screen. It seems like the info in the Users Manual was included by mistake and might be a carry over from the PzC Users Manual.
07-11-2015, 08:05 AM,
Never seen it in SB, but it's like this in PB and PB2 Wink
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
07-13-2015, 01:23 PM,
Yes, It appears SB is the only game system in the JTS/HPS where this feature was over looked.
The text in the manual was carried over to SB, but not the function.

I was wondering because the Winter is Coming tournament scenario Through the Dark Waters would fit better on the screen if the Hex info area could be moved to the right or left side of the screen.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp