• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Units Moving Really Sloooowwww
07-09-2015, 10:35 AM,
Units Moving Really Sloooowwww
Commanders - any thoughts on what I could look at in terms of tweaking my PC to speed up the units that either I watch (on replay) or that I move (my turn)?

I have my settings set to fast Allied and Axis player.

I have "cleaned" my pc and fixed errors in my registry and I am playing on amp'd up desktop...when I play on my Laptop - its like Zoom-zoom...

Any thoughts or ideas would be welcomed!
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 01:04 PM,
RE: Units Moving Really Sloooowwww
If you're using the 2.02 UPDATE, have you adjusted the Allied and Axis Animation Speeds found under the Options menu?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
07-10-2015, 02:49 AM,
What are your computer specs? If it's a really old computer and you don't want to upgrade RAM or spring for a better video card, then you could try going into your task manager [control-alt-delete] and turning off any running background processes you don't need. Starting the computer in safe mode, then playing the game would be ideal, but kind of a pain.

...and as Jason mentioned the new versions let you increase the animation speed for both sides. If you haven't tweaked that you'll probably need different settings for when you're playing on your desktop and when you're playing on your laptop.

Lastly, if your computer is worth an upgrade, consider upping the amount of RAM to 8 gigs or more. Cheapest worthwhile upgrade there is. go to crucial.com and run their scanner. It will tell you what you have and what upgrade options are available and what it will cost. Unfortunately, the older the style of RAM, the more expensive it is.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
07-11-2015, 11:08 PM,
Thanks gents for the comments! I updated my chip and graphics card...seems to be working better!

Scud - great link that you provided!