• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Leader France 1940 scenarios now available!
07-04-2015, 02:19 AM,
New Game  Panzer Leader France 1940 scenarios now available!
Uploading to Blitz Scenario DB, posting about them in the Matrix CS forums, there's something for everyone right!

Have a look here: LINK

[Image: 4156C9F66104437BB68FB7922BC14D66.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2015, 12:32 AM,
RE: Panzer Leader France 1940 scenarios now available!
Three new ones uploaded. De Gaulle to the rescue! Woo-hoo !!!

Just follow the link above Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
07-24-2015, 12:34 AM,
Come to think those scenario designs date back almost forty years! Wow...

From Avalon Hill's The General Magazine 1978. These early war Panzer Leader cardboard game situations transfer very well to CS.

Have a look, these come with my warm recommendation Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-04-2015, 09:51 AM,
Actually they do not transfer well at all. Most of the Panzer Leader scenarios I have played were not well balanced for PBEM.

HSL
08-07-2015, 03:28 PM,
(08-04-2015, 09:51 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: Actually they do not transfer well at all. Most of the Panzer Leader scenarios I have played were not well balanced for PBEM.

HSL

You are right in that they are not balanced for PBEM as such.

In fact, articles in AH General from 80s discuss some of the PL (or PB for that matter) scenarios are favouring one side so some of them are a bit biased to begin with.

What these situations are they are exact transfers of boardgame map and OoBs into JTCS.

For instance:

[Meuse River, France] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

Cherey: Guderian Attacked:

The French 213th Infantry Regiment and the 7th Independent Armored Battalion, both from the 55th Infantry Division, attack the German 1st Panzer Division's bridgehead across the Meuse River.

[ALL: OPT] [2.02]

It is in that aspect I made my comment these early war situations are a better fit for what in JTCS context are quite small maps. Shorter weapon range with less deadly effects and all that.

Best enjoyed as Axis or Allied vs AI. For more balanced PBEM fun perhaps play these as mirrored games so that both players play both sides, then compare your notes to determine who's the top dog.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
08-07-2015, 10:09 PM,
It is just nice to see them preserved. They do not have to be played against an opponent. And, time is too valuable to waste on trying. I've never liked the "mirrored play" as a way of balance.

I think that even the AI could win with many of these that have tons of pieces for one side.

Thank you 3

HSL
08-09-2015, 09:53 AM,
One can always try using the tools in CS to handicap the AI one way or the other, depending on which side you play.

At any rate, nice job Petri.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email