• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
05-14-2015, 12:15 AM,
RE: LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
Oh, sorry for not acknowledging it. Yes, I got them. I'll have a quick look and pass it along. Then we just have to wait for the next patch opportunity to see how well it gets addressed.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2015, 07:55 PM,
RE: LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - Round 1
My opponents artillery fell well behind my positions, don't know if that was intended or the same spotting bug you described. I have also had the problem with one of my squads men doing a runner but not in this scenario as yet. And I think the los problem is to do with the height of the ground through the trees. All in all a good scenario I am thoroughly enjoying this tournament experience.
05-16-2015, 10:39 PM,
RE: LOS frustation & other bugs playing
Hi,

This is Kebranto's Soviet opponent with my observations. Still some time left in the game so I will add more later, Kerbanto is a good player cant give him to much insight or he'll whoop me

1) Artillery - My first arty attack was off target as well. I aimed for the town but shells fell to far and to the right.. Cdn Cat you can see the shells on the map. I thought it was the wind . My artillery was placed in the middle of the town with a small area arc i dont think it extended to the houses just the grass between the houses.
2) LOS - I got some lucky first shots but I did lose a tank to LOS issue as well......conversely my tank did see an German HT for a couple of turns with a ( i am pretty sure) clear (blue) LOS and did not fire --- it took a building coming down to shake things up
3) Rogue units - I observed a fanatical soviet on the other side of the river and i did not put him there or order him there... i attributed that to a bad order i placed ( fella trying to rejoin a unit)..should have paid closer attention...i think it was a bug versus a deserter or fanatical soldier
.... later then when i split a HQ squad the third group was placed approx 100 metre from where it started (like being transported in Star Trek)Crazy

Cdn cat - i can share my PW with you if you want to continue your analysis - let me know..
05-18-2015, 01:47 AM,
Is your file to show the artillery off target or the wondering soldier?
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-20-2015, 03:37 AM,
One map bug that I noticed is that my routed men run towards the enemy like stupid headless chickens only to get slaughtered. So me thinky that the map set-up is backwards.
05-23-2015, 12:05 PM,
I can definatly see the Spotting is horrible on the t-34, he has taken 4 shots and 2 others destroyed without even a posible contact, thats with commanders out and not paniced.
[Image: old%20ironsides.jpg]
05-29-2015, 08:56 AM,
Also thoroughly enjoying a properly see saw action. Deffo' some LOS issues though, probably caused by the steep gradients - had both the most unusual blue line/no firing issue and an artillery misfire, which looked to have very good spotting round LOS.

Great scenario though. Who made it?
06-01-2015, 08:00 PM,
I'm preferring CM BS
Its a better engine
Some may struggle with modern weapons systems but you can have really good fights.
The engine is better along with spotting
the LOS in this game - RT -is seriously wrong
This game needs some serious patching.
I hadn't played in ages and coming back to play in the tourn I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing lol
I'm winning my game but my tanks even with guys beside them on on open tank telling commander where tank is - they cant see tank and die.
Total joke. I had good C2. Its not enough as its bugged.
06-02-2015, 12:52 AM,
RE: LOS frustation & other bugs playing germans - Storm in the East Tournament - R...
(06-01-2015, 08:00 PM)GAZNZ Wrote: I'm preferring CM BS
Its a better engine
Some may struggle with modern weapons systems but you can have really good fights.
The engine is better along with spotting
the LOS in this game - RT -is seriously wrong

Just to clarify the engine is the same between RT and BS. I suppose it is not exactly identical because the BS engine has some more fixes but none that related to spotting, LOS or LOF as far as I know. So your BS games and your RT games are running with the same spotting rules etc.

Just sayin'
06-02-2015, 03:25 AM,
This is a tough map to be a tanker. Lots of trees, branches shrubs, and elevation changes. Play with trees turn fully on and then just go with your gut instincts....

:)