• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bulge 44 - Elsenborn Ridge - impossible shoulder
04-03-2015, 02:57 AM,
Bulge 44 - Elsenborn Ridge - impossible shoulder
I’m playing Bulge 44 #16.01s: The Battle of the Bulge_alt. Its Turn 35 (19th Dec 22:00 Night) and German player has a Draw 9962 points with 7500 of them VP’s.

I’ve played a run away defense in most areas...... although not always by choice. Which brings up my issue. German artillery in the alt mod.

German artillery has been constant and unremitting particularly at Elsenborn and in the south at Diekirch/Ettlebruch. Even if I wanted to hold this territory I cannot. Full strength units (all 3 co’s combined) are pounded to red Max Fatigue within a few turns and this has been going on for 3 days?

I've compared the artillery factors for both sides and they are more or less the same. The predominate weapons are 105/155mm and German 155’s are 1 better than US for soft attack but US 105’s are 1 better than German.

I do note that average US artillery units (Corps) are rated B whilst German Corps/Army are rated C.

However when you go into the Parameter Data you see that German artillery gets 150% Counter battery and 125% Indirect Mod to the Allied 100%???

Shouldn't this be the other way around?

Ian
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2015, 02:34 PM,
RE: Bulge 44 - Elsenborn Ridge - impossible shoulder
"I do note that average US artillery units (Corps) are rated B whilst German Corps/Army are rated C.However when you go into the Parameter Data you see that German artillery gets 150% Counter battery and 125% Indirect Mod to the Allied 100%??? Shouldn't this be the other way around?" Ian

Gee too bad FM Warren Bajan went and died on us; he'd have some answers for you. I think though, that he would agree with you, that American counter-battery fire in the Ardennes was superior. jonnyMex Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply