• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Maintain active status
04-17-2015, 03:14 PM,
RE: Maintain active status
I'll respond tonight. On the run at the moment.
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2015, 09:24 PM,
RE: Maintain active status
(04-17-2015, 12:56 PM)low_bidder Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 07:51 AM)Ratel Wrote: If you do not have a partner yet, I will be available from the end of this week. You can set up something. I will play with any side any year.
OK, I put together a start. It is Dec. '71 and India and the Paki's are slugging it out. 6,000 points each, no points per turn, contry training set to 60. It is on a custom map. Fair warning, I made the map. It was back in the 90's for a tourny and I really don't remember anything about it. There are two of them. Together they are the terrain for the armored drive by India that captured 60,000 Paki soldiers and brought the Paki's to the table. I worked from on-line maps and it is as accurate as hexes allow. One of the Swinging Swedes help me.
My other suggestion is Iran/Iraq in May of '82. That was the high water mark for Iraq. After that It was pretty much defend against the hordes.
What ever your pleasure is.
Since I have been in remission on SP, I'm not up to date on what is normal or not in PBEM now-a-days. I set Country training at 60 toi avoid fighting a host of Chuck Norris types. Before he goes to sleep, the boogieman checks under his bed to make sure Chuck Norris isn't there.
So if there is anything you want or need as far as variables let me know. I will try and figure out how to get your E-mail. if I don't have it.
Please let me know if your OK with the Paki-India, you would rather the Iran-Iraq, or something else entirely.

Paki vs India is fine with me. I don't have many issue about rules. The only recommendations I have is to have balanced sides (meaning you don't have 1000 snipers with no infantry, or similar) and then I also suggest that we keep indirect fire limited to arty and maybe HMG's or MMG's (just to prevent long playbacks). I have also seen too many absurd things with Z fire, for instance in the tourney I killed a T-80 with a tank's main gun without any LOS to the target. I never use Z fire like that, but when your opponent does, you are left with no choice.

I got your e-mail.
Quote this message in a reply