• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Remote Gaming"?
04-12-2015, 12:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015, 12:39 AM by dgk196.)
"Remote Gaming"?
Hello...

My friends and I came across something that may interest you. First though, let me state that the programs referenced here are free! I am not affiliated with these companies in anyway, other than my use of them.

You may, by using these programs be able to play games real time using these. I know that some games have a built in ability to play real time. But, if for some reason you find yourself needing an alternative this may help.

Given you have an internet connection, as will your opponent, you will need to install this onto your system.

Its called Team Viewer 10 (the current version as of this post)...

here is the link... http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

This is a free program for personal use. Once installed you will be given an ID number, which will not change, and a 'password' that changes with every log-in for use of the program, for security purposes. Essentially both the parties have 'control' of the host system, lets talk in terms of 'host' and 'viewer'. The 'host' will start the game, then initiate the Team Viewer program. The 'viewer' will also start the Team Viewer program. You then give him your password. Once 'connected' both the host and the 'viewer' can 'control' the host computer. The 'host', in our case, never losses control of their system. So, you can operate programs (games) in order to play a game in 'real-time'.

At anytime, the host can breakoff the session! Other than the cost of your internet service, there is no fee for using this program. You can also use this program to 'transfer files', very handy for transferring electronic 'books' or other files you wish to share.

Now, in order to 'communicate' with one another you can use Skype. Here is the link for it... http://www.skype.com/en/

It too is a free for personal use. You can set it up so that, a 'call' is opened and when the caller designates the person or persons being called... all they have to do is open their Skype and connect to the open call. You can communicate either in 'voice' only or 'video and voice'.

If you give it a try, please post how, or if, it worked out.

Dennis Jester
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2015, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 08:09 AM by zap.)
RE: "Remote Gaming"?
Hey Dennis,

Is connecting with someone for head to head play by sharing your ip number similar to the software? Just trying to understand the advantage of this.
04-21-2015, 10:49 AM,
RE: "Remote Gaming"?
(04-16-2015, 08:08 AM)zap Wrote: Hey Dennis,

Is connecting with someone for head to head play by sharing your ip number similar to the software? Just trying to understand the advantage of this.

Hello...

Not really sure if there is an 'advantage' to this or not... I posted this so that if there is a situation where a game, or program, does not support online play or has a problem... then this could be an alternative!

Also, of course it can replace the 'Remote Desktop' feature of Windows... or the 'Remote Access'... which may or may not require that both computers have the same operating system or they may not work. I've never been able to get either of those Windows programs to be reliable, if they work at all. This program works no matter what opsys the users have...

And so you can also use it for 'help' either giving it or getting... from a friend! Also it can transfer files at a pretty good rate... better than xfire and others.

Dennis Jester