• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hi..Finally taken the plunge...
03-27-2015, 09:29 PM,
Hi..Finally taken the plunge...
Hi Everyone,

I've finally joined after all these years of looking around the forums..
Recently I've been playing some TOD and FWW solo....have never played PBEM, but might take the plunge one of these days if guided along the way lol.
I've also got Campaign 1814...but haven't really spent much time getting into that.

I would really like to get into a Civil War title but would like to ask which one would be recommended by gamers here....with a view to PBEM along with the titles above.

All the best.

Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 09:50 PM,
RE: Hi..Finally taken the plunge...
Welcome to the club...feel free to send me a TOD or FWW game if you want. My address:bkolcunathotmaildotcom.

All the ACW titles are good and get played, but Gettysburg is a good first choice if I had to choose.

kolc
03-27-2015, 11:00 PM,
[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]

Yes, Gettysburg is a very popular title however, as a owner of the whole series, I would suggest selecting a title that you have the most interest in. It will make the learning of a new game series, that much more enjoyable.

There are some really nice 3rd party art mods for the ACW series.

The most popular ones can be found here:

http://old-banshee.com/downloads.php

Let us know what title you end up getting.

Good Luck! Smile
03-28-2015, 11:45 PM,
Thanks Gents for the Welcome...

Email sent kolc for a TOD game.

Ive been thinking of Antietam, Peninsula or Overland. Ive got Gettysburg on Scourge of War...actually Antietam too. I just like the slower pace of JT`s titles in my older years lol.

I suppose the question is what ACW title is played the most on pbem after Gettysburg...

Yes those graphic mods are really nice...I read that somebody was working on a FWW graphic mod, look forward to that.

Cheers
03-30-2015, 10:16 PM,
When did you send your email?
03-30-2015, 11:44 PM,
(03-30-2015, 10:16 PM)kolc Wrote: When did you send your email?

I sent to you the other day via send msg on your profile.
I have sent again and now I can see it in my msg sent...the email before I dont see as sent.

Cheers
03-31-2015, 07:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 07:29 AM by Compass Rose.)
(03-28-2015, 11:45 PM)Recognition Wrote: Ive been thinking of Antietam, Peninsula or Overland. Ive got Gettysburg on Scourge of War...actually Antietam too. I just like the slower pace of JT`s titles in my older years lol.

I suppose the question is what ACW title is played the most on pbem after Gettysburg...

I would suggest posting your question over in the Black Powder ACW section as you will have better luck getting some feedback about that series, over there. Wink

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=164
03-31-2015, 01:59 PM,
(03-31-2015, 07:28 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(03-28-2015, 11:45 PM)Recognition Wrote: Ive been thinking of Antietam, Peninsula or Overland. Ive got Gettysburg on Scourge of War...actually Antietam too. I just like the slower pace of JT`s titles in my older years lol.

I would suggest posting your question over in the Black Powder ACW section as you will have better luck getting some feedback about that series, over there. Wink

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=164

Done..Thanks for the helping tip Compass Rose.