• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SMOKEGRENADES IN FALKLANDWAR
03-26-2015, 08:32 AM,
SMOKEGRENADES IN FALKLANDWAR
HELLO;

can anyone please tell me why the number of smokegrenades is limited in Falkland.
By the way smokegrenades seems to be very important in SB Falkland.
I must confess i never gave a damn on the using of smoke grenades to mask my attacks
Jeff Conner showed me my misstake in a pbm game. Now i used the smokegrenades in
singeplayerscenarios i never could win and i won those Scenarios without any Problems.
Thank you Jeff.

I never read anything about the smokegrenades in Falklandwar. Does anyone know about this ?

MICHA
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2015, 10:18 AM,
RE: SMOKEGRENADES IN FALKLANDWAR
There is a difference between smoke grenades and smoke rounds. Smoke grenades do not count against the smoke allowance and do not need an allowance to be used. Smoke rounds, however, do have count against the allowance and once it goes to zero, can no longer be used. There is a limit on smoke rounds to simulate the lack of this type of ammo as well as for play balance purposes.

British platoons primarily used the 2" mortar to place smoke rounds and not to try and suppress the enemy with HE rounds. Some parachute and marine units had swapped the 2" mortar for M-79 grenade launchers, but with the same function. The Argentinian army did not have a dedicated smoke round launcher, but had 81mm mortars at the company level that could provide a smoke screen if necessary and if they had the ammo at hand. Since logistics was not an Argentinian strongpoint, they usually have a much lower allowance.
03-29-2015, 03:52 PM,
RE: SMOKEGRENADES IN FALKLANDWAR
Thanks for Explanation.