• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HELP
03-23-2015, 03:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 03:07 AM by U2-U2.)
HELP
Hi guys,

I have this strange problem.

I create an NGP '85 PBEM game and finish the turn (two hours of work!!).

When I open my email program and want to attach the file it does not show up in the folder.

When I go to the game folder it is not there

When I start the game the file is available to choose

When I have started a new game and click on open the file does turn up but it has a lock symbol on it.

What to do!?!?
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2015, 06:26 AM,
RE: HELP
(03-23-2015, 03:06 AM)U2-U2 Wrote: Hi guys,

I have this strange problem.

I create an NGP '85 PBEM game and finish the turn (two hours of work!!).

When I open my email program and want to attach the file it does not show up in the folder.

When I go to the game folder it is not there

When I start the game the file is available to choose

When I have started a new game and click on open the file does turn up but it has a lock symbol on it.

What to do!?!?

Obvious questions, (as we have all done something hopeless at some point in time).

Are you sure you are looking in the correct directory?

Are you looking for the file with the correct file name?

Have you tried searching for the file to see where it is?
03-23-2015, 08:11 AM,
You probably have the game installed to the program files (x86) directory. Windows does very odd things with that directory, including actually storing changes such as a save game in a different directory. For now, I think you can open the game and then the scenario, and save it to a different location, using Save As. I would suggest creating an HPS folder under your C drive and save it there.

Then re-install the game to the HPS folder and the problem should go away, if you play from there - this will probably require uninstalling the game first. Go to the HPS Simulations home page, or possibly JTSoftware's, and there is a help page for Windows problems such as this.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-25-2015, 12:03 AM,
(03-23-2015, 08:11 AM)Ricky B Wrote: You probably have the game installed to the program files (x86) directory. Windows does very odd things with that directory, including actually storing changes such as a save game in a different directory. For now, I think you can open the game and then the scenario, and save it to a different location, using Save As. I would suggest creating an HPS folder under your C drive and save it there.

Then re-install the game to the HPS folder and the problem should go away, if you play from there - this will probably require uninstalling the game first. Go to the HPS Simulations home page, or possibly JTSoftware's, and there is a help page for Windows problems such as this.

Rick

Thanks for taking the time, guys. Problem solved Smile