• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ode To Panzerblitz / Ode To Panzer Leader scenarios available in the Scenario DB
03-27-2015, 02:40 AM,
RE: Ode To Panzerblitz / Ode To Panzer Leader scenarios available in the Scenario DB
Ode to Panzerblitz: Scenario 4 (MCS 2.02)

Size Modifier: 2
Turns: 10
Type: Custom
First Side: Allied

Alan R. Arvold

2 July, 1944

[Minsk] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

German Delaying Action against a Mobile Force: Battle of Minsk: More economical (and often more effective) than a blocking action, this became a widely practiced tactic for the Germans during 1944. Here a kampfgruppe from the German 5th Panzer Division delays the advance of the Russian 2nd Guards Tank Corps.

[ALL: OPT] [2.02]

Ode to Panzerblitz: Scenario 5 (MCS 2.02)

Turns: 12
First Side: Axis

Alan R. Arvold

10 October, 1943

[Dnieper] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

German Reconnaissance in Force: Action against the Lutezh Bridgehead on the Dnieper: The Russians had thrown a bridgehead across the Dnieper River which the Germans had to penetrate before attacking it. Here a kampfgruppe of the German 7th Panzer Division tries to slip through the lines of the Russian 240th Rifle Division.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 02:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015, 02:42 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: Ode To Panzerblitz / Ode To Panzer Leader scenarios available in the Scenario DB
Ode to Panzer Leader: Scenario 4 (MCS 2.02)

Turns: 15

Alan R. Arvold

29 June, 1944

[St. Lo, Normandy] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

St. Lo: Elements of the U.S. 116th Infantry Regiment, of the 29th Infantry Division, which is supported by the 737th Armored Battalion, attack towards St. Lo against units of the German 3rd Fallschirmjeager (Parachute) Division and the 12th Sturmgeschutz (Assault Gun) Brigade.

Ode to Panzer Leader: Scenario 5 (MCS 2.02)

Size Modifier: 1

Alan R. Arvold

18 July, 1944

[Caen, Normandy] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

Operation Goodwood: Elements of the British Guards Armored Division encounter remnants of the German 1st SS Panzer Division during Operation Goodwood.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-04-2015, 01:41 AM,
Ode to Panzerblitz: Scenario 6 (MCS 2.02)

Alan R. Arvold

28 November, 1943

[Dnieper] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

German Mobile Defence of Position: Action West of Dnieper River During German Retreat From Dnieper Bend: Even during momentary "quiet" spells the Russians would launch minor probes which were usually met by an elastic German "mobile defences". Here a kampfgruppe from the German 24th Panzer Division delays the advance of the Russian 19th Tank Corps.

Ode to Panzerblitz: Scenario 7 (MCS 2.02)

Size Modifier: (6) 2

Alan R. Arvold

23 November, 1943

[Kiev] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

Meeting Engagement During the German Relief of Kiev: The Russians had just liberated Kiev and were continuing their advance. The Germans made a desperate attempt to drive them back. Here armored units of the Russian 5th Guards Tank Corps meet elements of the German 19th Panzer Division.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-04-2015, 01:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015, 01:42 AM by Crossroads.)
Ode to Panzer Leader: Scenario 6 (MCS 2.02)

Alan R. Arvold

7 September, 1944

[Woensdrecht, The Netherlands] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

Woensdrecht: Elements of the 2nd Canadian Infantry Division attack the units of the German 85th Infantry Division near Woensdrecht.

Ode to Panzer Leader: Scenario 7 (MCS 2.02)

Alan R. Arvold

14 September, 1944

[Nancy, France] [AXIS/ALLIED] [HISB] [GD]

The Encirclement of Nancy: Elements of Combat Command B, of the American 4th Armored Division, attack units of the German 533rd Volkgrenadier Division during the encirclement of the city of Nancy.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-04-2015, 10:22 PM,
Hey Battle Kat

Got a unit problem with Panzerblitz #2 & #3 scenarios.

Seems the Russian 82mm Mortars and Wagons have a strength of 9! That can't be right!?

When I checked the org file, that strength level doesn't exist for either unit.

Not sure if there is more, these are the first two I found. Looks like a compatibility issue between new CS and older versions of the game.

Cheers!
Ivan the Big
04-05-2015, 03:02 AM,
Hi John, that may be correct actually, I believe some mortar units were 9 tubes? He would have had to edit the scenario file directly, you can put in any SP value, done it before!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-05-2015, 03:44 AM,
Hey Mike!

That's interesting, you mean I can make a 50 strength point Panther platoon!?

I got to get me one of those right now and fast!

All kidding aside I never realized one could do that. I thought 10 was the limitation and only on very select units and only with what is available in the platoon org files.
Cheers!
John
04-05-2015, 04:06 AM,
There's a complete set of Design Notes for both PB and PL situation conversions. I will upload them separately, they detail the various decisions made when converting original board game OoBs into EF and WF.

I'll do that next weekend at the same time I upload the next situations to Scenario DB.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-11-2015, 02:30 AM,
(04-04-2015, 10:22 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Battle Kat

Got a unit problem with Panzerblitz #2 & #3 scenarios.

Seems the Russian 82mm Mortars and Wagons have a strength of 9! That can't be right!?

When I checked the org file, that strength level doesn't exist for either unit.

Not sure if there is more, these are the first two I found. Looks like a compatibility issue between new CS and older versions of the game.

Cheers!
Ivan the Big

Alan informed me he's converted the PB situations into East Front scenarios as accurately as he can, including creating maps that use only the terrain that PB used, and using unit stats as they appeared there.

Mortars indeed required some tweeking to appear as SP9 unit as you observed.

Here's a snippet of the Panzerblitz Russian unit stats:

[Image: pb_russian_unit_stats_zpsjd8qe9hg.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-11-2015, 02:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015, 02:47 AM by Crossroads.)
As a this weekend's PB/PL treat, I have now uploaded all PB / PL Design Notes to Scenario DB, one zip archive per game.

They can be found here:

Ode to Panzerblitz - All Design Notes (Not A Scenario)

Ode to Panzer Leader - All Design Notes (Not A Scenario)

There's a plethora of information available for us Board Game geeks - and for others too! - as how Alan has transfered each of the situations to East Front and West Front, and of his thoughts how they are best played.

Enjoy! Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com