• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minor location name/map errors EP'14
03-15-2015, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 07:19 AM by ComradeP.)
Minor location name/map errors EP'14
There seem to be some minor naming and map errors on the EP'14 map.

I haven't really looked at the map thoroughly yet, but I'm working on an East Prussia '44-'45 scenario for another game and I noticed some minor errors.

-The river Guber, a stream by game standards probably, is missing between Rhein, Rastenburg and Schippenbeil (where the Guber ends in the Alle).

-Primorsk should be Fischhausen, as Primorsk is the Soviet name. The area on the water below it was called the Fischhausener Wiek. "Wiek" meaning cove.

Vislinsky Zaliv is the Russian name for the Frisches Haff, which means it isn't wrong if the map is also to be read from the Russian perspective.

-Heilsburg>Heilsberg, the site of an important battle during the Napoleonic wars as well.

-Niedenburg>Neidenburg

-Strasburg>Strassburg.

-Serpez>Serpec in Russian, Sierpc in Polish.

-Mariampole>Mariampol or Marijampole.

Sakiai is correct as the Lithuanian name, but the Russian name is Shaki.

Wladyslawow>Naumiestis, the name seemingly preferred at the time and still part of the name today.
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2015, 09:56 AM,
RE: Minor location name/map errors EP'14
Ok, I will look at those.
Send this user an email
03-24-2015, 09:17 AM,
Nice job soldier, keeping those old Ost Prusseshen names alive! Thank you. jonny
SmileWinkBig Grin
05-08-2015, 11:25 AM,
"Wladyslawow>Naumiestis, the name seemingly preferred at the time and still part of the name today."

"Naumiestis" is indeed the modern-day name. Contemporary documents, however, refer to the town as "Wladyslawow".

merovingian
10-20-2015, 02:36 AM,
I've noticed in France '14 "Daviderhonde" instead of "Dendermonde" (Termonde in French). Not sure how they got to the first name.
10-21-2015, 07:08 AM,
(10-20-2015, 02:36 AM)iandes Wrote: I've noticed in France '14 "Daviderhonde" instead of "Dendermonde" (Termonde in French). Not sure how they got to the first name.

OK fixed that. Smile
Send this user an email
11-29-2015, 04:26 AM,
Great, thanks!