• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Playtesters needed!
03-07-2015, 05:25 AM,
Feedback Needed  Playtesters needed!
Gentlemen,

I´m looking for two-three playtesters for a scenario I´ve just finished finally.
I´ve tested it many times (just the opening phase), but now I want to test it against other heads.

An ideal playtester for this stuff looks like this:

1.- owns Kharkov ´42
2.- interested in trying new things
3.- has a good turn pace (ideally someone from Europe as I live here)
4.- doesn´t play Panzer Campaigns like shooters TEEHEE
5.- can give some feedback actually

Those interested can reply here or find me at fhilsoad at gmail dot com Helmet Wink

Thanks in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 09:28 PM,
RE: Playtesters needed!
Got two testers already, but I would like to find two more at least, more test games, more feedback, better the final version.

So, looks like I´ll put some spoilers in here Big Grin

Scenario description (version 1):

Thursday, 21. August 1941, 04:00hrs
While most of the 1.Panzer Armee was focused on destroying the Uman encirclement by early August,, III.AK (mot) was pushing towards Kremenchug on the Dnepr, later towards Dnepropetrovsk at the river´s bend.
Parts of the 14.Pz.Div. reached Sursko-Mikhaylovka, some 30 kms away from the city, already on the August 16th, with the rest of the division and the whole 60.Mot.Div. catching up the very next day. They found fresh Rifle Divisions sitting on prepared defences, following the Sukhava and Mokraya Sura rivers, with obvious task of stopping them from taking the city on march. On August 18th, the main part of 14.Pz.Div. switched around and tried it anyway from the south, where Russian lines were only some 10 kms from the city center.
August 19th sees the 13.Pz.Div. approaching from the west following the river coast, joining the effort. Holding the lines are three newly but not fully formed Rifle Divisions, whose rifle men are recruited from the local populations of Dnepropetrovsk, Novo-Moskovsk, Pavlograd and others in the district, ready to defend their very homes. Also within this cauldron, badly mauled 6.Cavalry Corps can be found, just withdrawing few hundreds of kilometers, while lucky but shattered remnants of two tank divisions that managed to escape the Uman catastrophe seek some rest in here as well, but they are ordered to counterattack German panzers again and again.
III.AK(mot) switches into defense for a while, preparing and resting, waiting for adecvate supplies to build up to support the attack on the city. As the German command expects heavy fighting for the city, 9.Pz.Div. from XIV.AK(mot) is withdrawn from Zaporozhye further south and is already regrouping to join their comrades from the III.AK(mot). There is no way around the defenders this time, they must attack frontally and fight their way directly through the defenses...

And the more interesting part, some screenshots:

[Image: 24zlrax.jpg]

[Image: nbpst3.jpg]

[Image: 1p83rb.jpg]
03-09-2015, 10:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:26 PM by Strela.)
Fhil,

Great to see some more independent design and scenarios. With so many PzC titles, it's relatively easy to find new topics to do on existing maps.

Please continue to post the progression of your design. I for one am interested to follow it.

David
03-09-2015, 11:23 PM,
Interesting scen, i like the period and the scen type... is like the Stalingrad Ring scen but in a more manageable size.

I want test it but my play time is limited now, life, tester in other games... maybe 2-3 turns per week.

Good luck with the scen, cant wait to see it uploaded Wink

PD: a little question, what quality you use for soviets??? C or D???
03-10-2015, 12:56 AM,
Glad to hear you are interested guys!

I hope someone will play these once they will be released except me, as I´m using a very different approach to the system here.

David, thank you for your kind words. I´m working on this for quite some time (could be something over two years since the idea appeared in my head, but with various short and long pauses in the work), some two weeks ago, suddenly I woke up with many new ideas and solutions to previously very nasty problems that kept me from reaching the play-testing level for a long time (not counting my own tests). So I believe the worst part, I mean the OOB structure and decisions is behind me, now I can focus on actually building the scenarios themselves and correcting some values here and there.

I will post few pictures of two of more scenarios that I´m working on soon.

Xaver, no problem, we can play it on the pace you will want. Feedback from somebody playtesting other games will be very appreciatedHelmet Wink

As I´ve wrote above, there are more scenarios I´m working on here, this Dnepropetrovsk being the testing ground, so after I will have the first part of them covering the same ´season´ ready (will playtests), I will upload them.

Regarding Morale/Quality, Russians are at D as usualy in most games, there are no guards units yet at this time, so the only exception are most divisional and Army HQs, which are set at E! Red Army on all levels was commanded mostly by persons not trained for this level of command, as a result of Stalin´s purges, as you surely know.

There are some changes regarding morale on German side as well, but we can talk about this via emails. Expect the files today, everything should work so we can start testing right after unpacking Whip Big Grin
03-10-2015, 03:40 AM,
Well, if you need a tester more i can find some time for it... if my "commander" give me some minutes hehehe.

Ummm you are working in scens around the Uman battles??? interesting, if i dont remember bad in the area were germans allies... romanians and hungarians hehehe.

Interesting the use of regimental HQs for germans and the use of supply units... scens designed to use explicit units rule???
03-10-2015, 04:08 AM,
(03-10-2015, 03:40 AM)Xaver Wrote: Well, if you need a tester more i can find some time for it... if my "commander" give me some minutes hehehe.

Ummm you are working in scens around the Uman battles??? interesting, if i dont remember bad in the area were germans allies... romanians and hungarians hehehe.

Interesting the use of regimental HQs for germans and the use of supply units... scens designed to use explicit units rule???

I know what you mean by that ´´commander´´ Big Grin I got one as well, the trick is to distract her, just some game hint LOL

Regarding the Uman battles, not exactly, Uman can be found on the Korsun´44 map, though I was thinking about getting back in there, I´ve dropped the idea for the moment. These scenario will cover battles on the Kharkov map, and they will cover Romanians, Hungarians, Italians and maybe Slovaks as well, we´ll see, as all of them passed through this area.

Regarding German Regt HQs, it´s usual, did you want to say Russian Regt HQs, as that is something new? For now, I´m testing the VST supply version, but as I like the Explicit Supply very much, I´m designing them with both in mind Helmet Wink
03-10-2015, 04:25 AM,
Xaver, please contact me at fhilsoad at gmail dot com, I will send you the file in response.
03-10-2015, 04:42 AM,
No, i refer that is rare now in PzC see germans using regimental HQs, for soviets is more a problem use them because or you do something like FWW serie with very small HQs ranges and well this is very problematic and reduce even more the limited soviet flexibility.

Interesting, maybe we need wait a new PzC title that cover the missing Barbarossa fronts... to the north and south.

You have an e-mail Fhil.