• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World War II Europe
03-23-2015, 01:06 PM,
RE: World War II Europe
(03-18-2015, 04:53 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: So does "World War II - Europe" completely cover what was previously covered by "Russo-German War 41-44" and "Anglo-German War 39-45"?

Besides that I highly suggest to record a movie directly from the PC instead of filming the screen, it would be very interesting to have it at such a quality that one can actually read anything from the game.

Also if screenshots are added I suggest doing them at least in full HD to make sure any detail can be seen.

Yes, all RGW and AGW scenarios are in WWIIE. We also have added more scenarios (Murmansk-3, what ifs, Norway, Denmark, Battle of Britain).

Ron
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2015, 12:34 PM,
I purchased and downloaded fraps in the hope of creating some additional WWIIE instructional videos directly from the PC rather than using a camera. For some reason, it downloaded fine, but I cannot get it to work. I could not get the screenshot capability to work either, and the company has not responded to my emails. The UI is very easy (just press a function key once to start and a second time to stop. So does anyone know the trick to get this to work?

My next video is going to be titled "Right Click". I plan to go over the ways that mouse right click can be used to play more efficiently.

Ron
03-31-2015, 12:57 PM,
Maybe a How to video will help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFjssldh5wY
04-10-2015, 12:37 PM,
Thanks, BigDuke66. The video helped.
04-10-2015, 12:38 PM,
Status on next WWIIE patch v1.0.4:

Naval AI enhancements is the reason that patch v1.0.4 has not been released yet. I want to make that better before releasing. I also want to complete scenario #68 Operation Mars (75% complete).

This is what has been done so far on v1.0.4:

1. Supply trucks do not incur a penalty for enemy ZOC hexes.
2. Fixed railroad bug near Astakhan (hex 402, 197)
3. Fixed bug causing air and naval units to rebase.
4. Added right click function to automatically allocate HQ Reserve that the player has not already allocated that turn.
5. Some Naval AI improvements.
6. Various order of battle fixes.

The auto HQ reserve enhancement is really a time saver, and a significant game improvement. East Front customers will really like this one, especially for the large unit number scenarios.

Ron
04-29-2015, 06:55 AM,
Is there a demo available?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
04-29-2015, 12:36 PM,
No demo is available, but the first of several planned You Tube videos is located at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjn0g24Vdu4

The video can also be found by searching for Ratr (Repulsed at Rostov).

Ron
04-29-2015, 12:38 PM,
One additional note: #68 Operation Mars and #69 Liberating the Caucasus will both be part of patch v1.0.4. I build battles on weeknights, and program on weekends.

Ron
05-02-2015, 07:03 AM,
Howdy; It would be great if a demo were available, I myself will not buy a game anymore until I demo it as I have spent too much on games that looked great only to find out they are duds. Not saying your game is, but that is just the way I roll. I have watched the videos but would still like a hands on.

Any chance a single small scenario could be made a demo? Not sure what that would take but just asking.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-15-2015, 02:05 PM,
Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for a demo. I understand your taking that position, though. We might do that after the scenarios are all complete, but right now we are stretched for resources. Patch v1.0.4 and building battles is taking all of our time.

Plan for this weekend is to complete the code and test the upgrade to the Naval AI Search & Destroy ops.

Background task is scenario #42 East Front Blitzkrieg 1941. Also working #70 Operation Buffalo in parallel.

Ron