• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
03-10-2015, 03:31 AM,
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
Well, i have a revelation... is so obvious and "easy" to solve the problem that is hard notice it Fireworks3

The point is expand the idea to combat units, the hard area is do it in infantry portraits BUT vehicles ... well, you can use the armies numeric model, i refer for example 1st btl can have tanks with number 1xx, 2nd 2xx and 3rd 3xx only to notice with a simple know the btl.

Is extra job but well, helps a lot to use more platoons over companies... i prefer a lot use 2 platoons joined with MG with 3rd platoon very close to dont mix it with other btl companies, the problem is when you mix 2 btls in attack or in retreat with survivors from diferent btls.

Nice work with HQ work, nothing like help to delay a little more PzB2... lets see if euro rises again Big Grin2
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2015, 10:34 AM,
(03-10-2015, 03:31 AM)Xaver Wrote: Well, i have a revelation... is so obvious and "easy" to solve the problem that is hard notice it Fireworks3

The point is expand the idea to combat units, the hard area is do it in infantry portraits BUT vehicles ... well, you can use the armies numeric model, i refer for example 1st btl can have tanks with number 1xx, 2nd 2xx and 3rd 3xx only to notice with a simple know the btl.

Is extra job but well, helps a lot to use more platoons over companies... i prefer a lot use 2 platoons joined with MG with 3rd platoon very close to dont mix it with other btl companies, the problem is when you mix 2 btls in attack or in retreat with survivors from diferent btls.

Nice work with HQ work, nothing like help to delay a little more PzB2... lets see if euro rises again Big Grin2

This won't happen beyond battalion HQ's, if I do it. You need a separate component for each different piece of artwork. That would mean two to three pieces of artwork per vehicle type. The OB would then have to be redone so that these different components were inserted.

The only reason that battalion HQ's can be done 'quickly' is that these components were included in the OB upfront. Even then, looking through the artwork I currently have I have quite a few holes in terms of getting the variety I need. This means finding the photographs and getting them colourized etc.

The other issue is whether it actually hinders play. In my case i have found it easy to identify battalion HQ's by the single graphic. I have found it slightly more difficult with the variation for the same piece.

I'll continue to experiment and will make a call on what makes sense vs the time spent. As you said this impacts free time to bring other projects forward.

David
03-10-2015, 07:11 PM,
All this talk about HQ's reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask since I bought Moscow '42: why are many, if not all, HQ's not represented in the strength dialog?
03-11-2015, 03:42 AM,
(03-10-2015, 07:11 PM)ComradeP Wrote: All this talk about HQ's reminds me of something I've been wanting to ask since I bought Moscow '42: why are many, if not all, HQ's not represented in the strength dialog?

All units including hqs are included, I believe. However the strength dialog shows formation strengths not unit strengths.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-11-2015, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2015, 05:22 AM by ComradeP.)
Yes, that's the confusing part: that the numbers don't add up, either with the units you have on-map or with the actual units that are shown.

The PzC/FWWC series doesn't go below regiment/battalion level and PB doesn't go below company I believe.

I understand the need to keep the number of units in the strength dialog at a reasonable limit, but it's currently often impossible to find some units like many divisional/regimental support units and companies supporting regiments.

I don't use the strength dialog often due to those limitations, and also because (double) clicking on a unit doesn't take you to the unit.

In a game like War in the East, the commander's report window makes it possible to find small units in a matter of seconds, whereas many of the tools that should make life easier in PzC/FWWC and PB are limited in their functionality. I guess that's one of the limitations of having an old, but functional, interface.
03-12-2015, 09:47 AM,
(03-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Strela Wrote:
(03-09-2015, 11:31 PM)Xaver Wrote: Nº1 Helmet Wink

A little question, you dont think in add 2 more units portraits as a way to made easier diference between battalions inside the same regiment/brigade???

I refer 1st btl have X image, 2dn Y, 3rd Z a way to know if you are over 1st, 2nd or 3rd btl and if you are mixing units from diferent btls... maybe until you work in a way to see it in counters... and even whit this add more visual info.

Damn you Xaver, that is a great idea - why didn't you suggest it BEFORE we released the patch??? Helmet Rolleyes

That of course is really easy to do. I'll have a look at it for PzB 2, but may do a mini update file for here at the Blitz for those that would like individualised battalion level artwork for Kursk.

Here is some example of potential German commanders that haven't been used to date...

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20155.png]

David

PS All your pictures come through as a thumbnail and I can never see a larger size to see the details...

LOL, back to work
Rangers Lead the Way
03-12-2015, 04:56 PM,
Another evening spent slightly distracted from PzB 2...!

Xaver, here is a first pass at individualised battalion commanders - all for Wehrmacht & SS units.

For your viewing pleasure;

100%

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20157.png]

200%

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20158.png]

David
03-12-2015, 08:02 PM,
Looks good David! The variation is nice.
03-12-2015, 09:57 PM,
Good job, it looks now more "open".
03-13-2015, 10:23 PM,
Love it..adds more personality to the game.
Send this user an email