• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Favorite Titles
02-26-2015, 02:04 PM,
RE: Favorite Titles
(02-26-2015, 07:24 AM)Many Mariuses Wrote: Some good detail here, although, as I suspected, the posts aren't helping me narrow things down. Virtually all of the titles that have been mentioned have been on my "short list" at one time or another. Smile

Some follow up questions for previous posters:

-Do the weather conditions significantly impede movement in Stalingrad or Budapest? I have Kharkov 43, and it took me a while to adjust to the limitations snow imposes (especially on foot units).

-Landser, what was it about Korsun that you found so impressive? My sense has always been that it, along with Normandy, are among the more controversial titles.

My 5c re. Korsun.

Korsun could be an amazing PzC game. Unfortunately the stock game is very ahistoric, particularly when it comes to the number of German tanks. This results in the pocket rarely, if ever forming.

I attempted to fix the OB & overall situation with new versions of the campaign which come with Volcano man's alt scenarios. This was my introduction to modding/building Tiller games. The other major change I made was to bring this back from a platoon level game to a company level as per the other PzC's. There were just too many fiddly half track platoons etc that added little to the overall game.

The new campaigns that were created do work, but were polarising as I included more bunkers than the original title which people though was too much (there is a non bunker variant). This was in the main due to the change in German numbers and trying to keep everything to a more historical timeline. If you want to see how that worked in game have a look at this AAR

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=52288

It's one of the mods I want to go back and revisit as now with three published games behind me I think I could do it better again. This is all based on the fascinating situation where both sides are attacking and defending.

Finally, Korsun is a perfect candidate for a Panzer Battles title - we have absolutely everything we need to do that today....

David
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2015, 01:56 AM,
Don't overlook the desert titles: Tobruk, Alamein and Tunisia. Get all three and a couple of add ons and you can pretty much play the North African campaign from battle to battle or operation to operation. I would be nice to have a super PzCs covering the entire med and East Africa with all kinds of strategic options for both sides.
02-27-2015, 07:01 AM,
(02-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Strela Wrote: Finally, Korsun is a perfect candidate for a Panzer Battles title - we have absolutely everything we need to do that today....

That sounds great, please don't tease!
02-27-2015, 10:56 AM,
(02-27-2015, 07:01 AM)76mm Wrote:
(02-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Strela Wrote: Finally, Korsun is a perfect candidate for a Panzer Battles title - we have absolutely everything we need to do that today....

That sounds great, please don't tease!

No tease. Helmet Wink

We have more opportunity than time. We hope to be back in Russia for Panzer Battles 4. Korsun, though is a perfect sized battle to do and there are some really interesting situations at a scale that makes sense. We have two other candidates/prototypes for the next Russia title, one which would require some new technology from John. Only time will tell. We're busy enough right now with Panzer Battles 2 & 3!!!

David
02-27-2015, 01:28 PM,
I'm not sure I've followed all the threads re PB; has the general theater for PB 3 been announced?
02-27-2015, 07:05 PM,
(02-27-2015, 01:28 PM)76mm Wrote: I'm not sure I've followed all the threads re PB; has the general theater for PB 3 been announced?

No.

Only one clue was given out in one of the PzB threads;

There is also a lot of work underway on Panzer Battles 3 with Mike Avanzini deep into the OB and purchasing a lot of documents to support that. With Kursk being on the Eastern Front, Panzer Battles 2 in the West, I can honestly say we're planning to go to another front for Panzer Battles 3....

David
02-27-2015, 09:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015, 09:22 PM by Xaver.)
PzB 2 clue, Strela says:

"Finally as far as setting for the second game, it is West Front and there are British, French, Dutch and Belgian troops involved...."

PzB3 clue... Strela to shows this

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid397231

But i think like PzB2 is to open to be clear what we are going to see.

Before PzB2 we are going to see 1 patch for PzB1 and if i dont understand it bad when they release PzB2 a 2nd patch for PzB1.

EDIT: for PzB 3 the question is if they consider Mediterranean as a non west front... at least the Italy campaigns.

In PzC maybe my favourite titles are on east but i need say that Tunis was for me the best desert title in PzC.
02-28-2015, 03:22 AM,
Hi Strela,

I do hope that someday you will have a chance to revisit the Korsun title, it will make a very good game that much better.

I hope you still are involved in the Panzer Campaigns, the last few titles you worked on are some of my favorites, very well done, and lots of fun to play. I hope to see more titles in the future.

Ryan
02-28-2015, 10:46 PM,
Well, more leaks around PzB2... as ComradeP says a Normandy title... if smells like Normandy, looks like Normandy and feels like Normandy... it could be Normandy hehehe

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20136.png]
03-02-2015, 02:22 AM,
An excellent thread. For what it's worth, I ended up picking France '14, Sicily, and Budapest. Hopefully, this will tide me over for a few months before I start thinking about expanding my collection further.