• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wish list (1)
04-05-2015, 01:30 AM,
RE: Wish list (1)
(04-03-2015, 10:23 PM)95Bravo(FGM) Wrote: That the 3d map would show if a river runs through a hex edge. Always a surprise to disorder horse only to find in the 2d version of the map there is a river there.

I've frequently run into this error where a hex with an orchard is not on the 2D map, but is on the 3D, so you end up with disrupted cavalry when you move in the 2D mode. It is a problem in both BG as well as HPS games.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 01:37 AM,
Yes. And in BG Borodino, one bridge is in a slightly different place between 2D and 3D modes so beware!
04-05-2015, 09:57 AM,
(04-05-2015, 01:30 AM)Havoc Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 10:23 PM)95Bravo(FGM) Wrote: That the 3d map would show if a river runs through a hex edge. Always a surprise to disorder horse only to find in the 2d version of the map there is a river there.

I've frequently run into this error where a hex with an orchard is not on the 2D map, but is on the 3D, so you end up with disrupted cavalry when you move in the 2D mode. It is a problem in both BG as well as HPS games.

This is just a general note: things like this if anyone runs into them -these need to be reported to the company.

If it shows on one map and not the other, then chances are it is a layer drawing issue where the terrain is technically present in the hex but there is some other terrain (even just an elevated hex can do it) sitting on top of your orchard (or it can be anything) graphic.

And of course, these need to be corrected.
Send this user an email
04-18-2015, 01:23 AM,
(03-29-2015, 10:35 PM)95Bravo(FGM) Wrote: A battle generator for the Napoleonic games (Liepzig, etc), like in Combat Mission and Steel Panthers. So many points to build your force on a random or custom generated map.

That would certainly add an intriguing challenge to battle preparation - especially that of guessing what bias your potential opponent might favor in terms of balance between the three arms. Extra cavalry at the expense of artillery, if mobility is called for? Or extra-powerful artillery to stand off and pound your way through walled defenses, if you expect to encounter them?
04-26-2015, 11:26 AM,
And if I may propose a change, that in the 3D view, skirmishers would have a colored base easily viewed. Many a time I have run into such a unit and been stopped cold. Most frustrating indeed. I prefer the 3D view as the view of "toy soldiers" appeals more than the old school unit designation.

Just saying ....
05-26-2015, 09:32 PM,
If I may, In Leipzig for example, if one tries to make a move the computer won't allow such as an attack when you are facing the wrong way, or you want to fire artillery but you have the "move" button pushed, the enemy fires on you! If the computer won't allow the move why should it allow defensive fire!!!

And once more, I wanted cavalry to move next to a town, not through it. I clicked on the unit and dragged the mouse 4 hexes to where I wanted it to go. The cav unit immediately went into the side of the town, disordering, and then ended up where I indicated.

Just trying for less frustration in the game play ......
05-26-2015, 09:42 PM,
Ah yes, the moving through villages issue.....happens to me a lot.
05-27-2015, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2015, 08:04 PM by -72-.)
A lot of this stuff is just art material it looks like. The orchards are probably a missing graphic (it is either that or a layer drawing issue). Since the 3d art and 2d art are on different bmp files I would think it probably is just missing. Easy enough to fix - but you need to give the company specific feedback -which hex on which map, on which scenario, on which title to give them a fair go at being able to look at it (assuming you haven't already... if so -adding it to a messageboard not monitored by anyone from the company is not going to result in an issue being addressed.).

The stream/creek thing might well be drawing layers -still it is important, so hopefully you sent something like that over to the relevant development company (just don't send Battleground material to JTS - as that it Matrix's problem to handle).

The unit bases - that is easy enough to fix -and is purely a graphics issue. I will have a look at that; my first inclination is that it might be a combination of things - toning down the map slightly among other things ... but the thing is, adding 'just sayin'' comes off as sarcastic, and if I hadn't thought this might be an issue on my own awhile ago, I can pretty much guarantee whatever the issue was would have found its way to the bottom of my 'to do' list.

Have a great day, guys... I don't mean any offense by this, but am just asking to please keep things in perspective.

Steve
Send this user an email
05-29-2015, 09:23 PM,
I have taken your advice and sent a request to JTS on my observations with the Leipzig game. I had not meant "Just sayin'" to be sarcastic but can see how it will be taken that way. It has been removed from my repertoire. A lot of the time you don't get that kind of feed back face to face so you don't always know how it is being received. Well said on your part because I do want the comments to be taken seriously..

Richard