• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unable to save file issue in the PBEM mode
02-14-2015, 09:28 AM,
Help  Unable to save file issue in the PBEM mode
I set up a campaign scenario I have been playing in the PBEM mode for some twenty odd turns before the game started refusing to save file. I have set that up with no PBEM save file option off and the files have been duly saved all the time up until now. I am completely puzzled as I have encountered such an issue for the very first time after a few years of PBEMing various TOCs.

I thought that once the optional rules are selected for the setup and the scenario set up they're unchangeable, at least from the game interface menu level and unless you're going to fiddle with the file itself, going into some code changing or something else I am actually having difficulties with coming up with as I have no slightest idea what went wrong.

Is it possible that if my opponent had the no PBEM save file option on in his game while closing the turn it somehow altered the original file settings? But that would mean I should be able to do that the other way too and I am not - I have checked a few times and that particular option is off in my game as it always is since I don't use it as a rule of thumb.

Is there a chance to redeem the progress in the campaign without the need to revert those two turns and if not is reverting a fighting chance to restore the previous order of the things regarding that particular game options?

Please advise.
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2015, 09:40 AM,
RE: Unable to save file issue in the PBEM mode
Once set, the no save flag stays set. But if not set, it can be turned on. If you or your opponent did a save with the option on, it will be in that save forever. Also, what I recall can happen as a surprise alternative is if you play a different save/scenario in the same game that has the flag set, then switch to a different save game without closing down the game engine itself and play with it, the flag setting carries over and will be saved into the second game.

The only option now is to roll back to a clean save.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-14-2015, 09:42 AM,
Thanks Rick.
02-14-2015, 09:40 PM,
Solved. Thank you very much again.