• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WITE Rules decipherment !!!
04-26-2012, 03:56 AM,
WITE Rules decipherment !!!
Hi all

As previously mooted, this game has me very frustrated at the moment, and one of the biggest frustrations is the manner in which the rules booklet is put together Confused

I have spent the last couple of weeks reading the rules booklet, playtesting against the AI, reading the forums, "how to's", and AAR's (particularly those over on the Matrix site) - then more reading of the rules booklet.

My intention is not to decry the efforts of the various developers and contributors in the slightest, however, whilst it is clear that considerable effort has been put into the games' design, development, revisions, and updates (including the provision and update of the existing rules material),IMO this game is so detailed and complex that the existing written rules material (that I have come across thus far) is so badly formatted and written as to be nearly as bad as the stuff that SPI used to come out with just before their sad demise !!

I have updated the game to release v1.06.06 beta and have the PDF Manual v0.50 dated 04/04/2012 (aswell as the original game manual(s))

Has anybody undertaken an alternate rules booklet re-write that we are aware of?

If not, is anyone considering doing it?

If there is nothing in the pipeline I may have a go myself !

Thanks and regards

Chris

Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM,
RE: WITE Rules decipherment !!!
Chris, I have not seen or heard of anything in the way of re-writes, summaries, or other help with the actual rules. Matrix does have a lot of info in their forums about how to play effectively, but even there it changes so much with the major game engine changes that it is hard to keep up with.

If you tackle the project, best of luck and would greatly enjoy seeing the results.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-28-2012, 03:31 AM,
RE: WITE Rules decipherment !!!
Rules are always ignored by developers aren't they. Best of luck.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha