• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Future Titles
02-08-2015, 05:22 AM,
Future Titles
Anyone know what's in store for future titles? I'm surprised other theaters such as the Pacific have not been covered, or some of the far east theaters like China. Would be neat to see some love for Vietnam and Korea too.
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2015, 05:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 05:27 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Future Titles
I for one, and several other people, had suggested Pacific Theater several years ago and I was always told that the scope of the PzC system was too large for Pacific titles.

Maybe once the PzB series gets rolling and strongly established, it will be able to cover this theater.
02-08-2015, 06:13 AM,
Yea I guess that makes sense. It's just that the European theater has been done to death now and it'd be nice to see something different.
02-08-2015, 08:34 AM,
Xaver mentioned that there was a graphic of a Japanese soldier in the Panzer Campaigns user manual. I believe that he said it was under the rules for Fanatical Nations.

Just looked again -and he was correct -there is one. They do that every so often. There were World War I images in the SB manual long before SB:FWW, and there is a graphic of the Bismarck in the Naval Campaigns user manual... I imagine there might be others.

However it is no secret that it is a JTS long standing policy not to talk about projects in development; so basically anything further is going to be fans talking about what they would like to see.
Send this user an email
02-08-2015, 08:26 PM,
Well, allways there was a great movement around "Pacific meets PzC and they have a son" but allways appear the scale problem... i think this is not a problem at all IF is possible create a title like Salerno43 covering individual battles in the decisive moment, for example a title covering the japanese blitzkrieg (Malaya as main action with things like battle for Hong Kong, Burma some island actions and maybe a battle from China to complete the title) other with Philipines in 41 and 44 (in same title Japan attack and defend the islands) a title covering Burma and India actions (maybe with some China battles to) and a title covering Japan invasion + island actions + Okinawa.

The point is what they want or can do... cover in a single title one action or serveral actions grouped by sides (USA VS Japan or UK+minors VS Japan).

The scale for me is not a great problem, 500m hexes and adapt unit attack values to this scale, time... i dont see why not use 1hour day turns and 2-3-4 in night turns as the title needs, even is possible use in same title diferent scales to adapt to scen.

Sure PzB offers a better engine to center in a single action like for example Guadalcanal but i dont think all Pacific actions needs PzB scale/engine.

Out of Pacific... well, over 2 years with no PzC... i dont know if is good or bad, maybe one of the teams is working in a breaking title... for me PzC to be a "complete serie" needs cover Poland39 (and maybe add here as bonus some 44 scenarios), some Italy actions (maybe again use Salerno43 concept) to complete west... in east... we have Leningrad, Sebastopol (both titles can have a mix of 41 43/44 scenarios) and for me the more interesting title for PzC ... Berlin45, a west+east title with good options for what ifs.

Lets see, is hard know what is on the way with JT politic in comunications... but last thing you can lose is faith hehehe.

PD: maybe now with PzB and WWI things are a little hard for PzC.