• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBS pbem combat shots
04-20-2015, 04:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2015, 04:39 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: CMBS pbem combat shots
My Russian T-90 and two APC's probe a village but are met by Slingload's Oplot MBT (left) which slaughters my T-90 pointblank with the message "Welcome to Ukraine!"
[Image: BS-slingload-ggw_zpss2j7zanv.jpg~original]
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2015, 06:25 AM,
My T-90 unleashes an APFSDS at H1nd's Abrams in the trees (blue circle), what could possibly go wrong?
Aargh, the shot hits a treetrunk (red circle)!
[Image: BS-H1nd-guc_zpsqti91cy6.jpg~original]

And a second later the Abrams blows the T-90 away (sniffle)
[Image: BS-H1nd-hsx_zpseb2rxqb0.jpg~original]
04-23-2015, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2015, 10:00 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
QB Meeting: My Russians gamble everything on trying to take this village by storm..
"I have set my life upon a cast, and will stand the hazard of the die!"- Richard III
[Image: BS-jomni-lls_zpsqcfo9x3x.jpg~original]

..but Jomni's Stryker and infantry have got there first and begin punishing my point squad as it arrives in a house-
[Image: BS-jomni-ttl_zpsrp24rcif.jpg~original]
04-24-2015, 03:30 PM,
(04-16-2015, 05:18 AM)PoorOldSpike Wrote: DB_Zero's prowling Abrams is a perfect target for my AT-7, what can possibly go wrong?
[Image: BS-AT-7-dwi_zpsjrhbnqxr.jpg~original]

but the missile veers right (circled) and misses by a mile!
[Image: BS-AT-7-dez_zpsnaytfkid.jpg~original]

and smacks into a barn door..
[Image: BS-AT-7-dex_zpsqyrzdncy.jpg~original]

The Abrams immediately returns fire, and it's adios AT-7..
[Image: BS-AT-7-dey_zpsa8fp0tb0.jpg~original]

How could my missile miss? The AT-7 is a wire-guided job so there's no possibility of the Abrams jamming it. However the range was pretty short, so maybe the missile didn't have enough time and distance to be guided properly, which is realistic, or maybe a treetrunk obscured the Abrams a bit and threw off the missileman's aim.
PS- Hey I just realised, it fired while it was only 'Semi-Deployed', and according to the manual, the accuracy of all Semi-Deployed types of weapons suffers if they're not fully 'Deployed', so that could also be one reason why it missed!
I could have ordered it to Deploy earlier but I assumed mounting it on a tripod might mean it'd be spotted easier by the enemy.

The missle bug :(
At least its now identified and fixed in 1.03
04-24-2015, 07:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 07:11 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
The Javelin continues to rule the roost; I snugly tuck my T-90 away with houses on either side to protect it, but GAZNZ's Javelin comes in from above and trashes it..
[Image: BS-gaznz-gau_zpskyj05bgt.jpg~original]
04-25-2015, 09:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 04:33 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Terrified of exposing itself in open ground to GAZNZ's lethal Javelins, my other T-90AM (APS) seeks the sanctuary of this village, but finds it already tenanted by one of his Bradleys which stand its ground and immediately begins hosing it down with cannon fire..
[Image: BS-gaz-pwh_zpsmtm3johq.jpg~original]

..but I get lucky, my T-90 returns fire before its optics get trashed and toasts the Bradley.
(my luck ran out later though when the T-90 was knocked out by a Javelin, and GAZNZ went on to win a Major Victory)
[Image: BS-gaz-tqt_zpspgaycgph.jpg~original]
04-26-2015, 07:29 AM,
H1nd's Javelin (yellow circle) blows my Russian T-90AM(APS) away and all I know is that it came from somewhere in the trees (blue circle) and is still unspotted so I can't even return fire (sniffle).
Serves me right, I really must get out of the habit of challenging my opponents to a game with the words "You can be the Americans if you like"..
[Image: BS-Hind-agt_zpsnvg1dtxd.jpg~original]
04-26-2015, 12:19 PM,
Great stuff, Spike!

Thanks for taking the time to post and narrate your game pics as to what is going on.

It looks like a very enjoyable game.
04-26-2015, 05:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2015, 05:27 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Thanks mate, I've been studying Klingon battle doctrine to help my gameplay..:)

[Image: klingon-proverb1_zpslda9btyq.jpg~original]
05-02-2015, 05:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 05:23 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
My Oplot crests the hill only to be met by Dilsexico's BMP which begins hosing it down with rapid 30mm cannon fire, and the ricochets fly like an explosion in a fireworks factory..
[Image: BS-dilsexico1_zpsmuaes9cn.jpg~original]