• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
06-24-2016, 08:32 AM,
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA
(06-23-2016, 10:48 AM)BigDuke66 Wrote: I liked the mapmod since it was used in the patched F'14 version, a pity that the PB graphics were used instead of continuing the use of the mapmod especially as the PB make the minimap useless.

Only problem I have is the built-in hexgrid and the hex color, did anyone ever do an alternative color set?
I prefer the old and usually used topographical green to brown coloring, I can't get along with this blue to violet coloring.

Fwiw, I don't think Jan would have been too cool with that idea; allowing someone to do a mod with work that he was not interested in changing around due to changes in the PzC coding (the way hexsides work in PzC now are different -and it is not like in other series either -so it required a lot more work - iirc it is about how the hexside graphics join together now, not just adding in slope hexside graphics), than it is making it the official artwork of the company.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the PzB graphics were added to David Freer's work in there (I think...) I don't know that it is a matter of being used in there first and then the idea is to gradually expand that, or just leaving it alone. Basically it amounts to a lot of work and if it is not tied directly to a new project then it probably is not just going to be added. And the new project wouldn't necessarily have to be from the same series (is how I am interpreting things).

Granted, Jan can and does speak for himself -so take what I wrote as my opinion.

As far as the technicalities in image editing:

Removing the 'built-in hexgrid' is easy enough; it takes some time, but it amounts to using a cloning tool (at least in Jan's style it does; I'd done some of that before).  For all I know there are a few of his earlier style graphics around which did not incorporate the hexgrid directly on the map graphics. I don't have time, myself, to promise being able to make a modified hexgrid, though.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA - by -72- - 06-24-2016, 08:32 AM