• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Jison Mapmod for JTS (non Gold) Versions - BETA
05-28-2016, 08:14 PM,
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA
(05-04-2015, 10:37 AM)Strela Wrote:
(05-03-2015, 11:45 PM)trauth116 Wrote: True - image location on a file is everything; in this case simply cropping it off does not work unless one never uses the extra magnified 2d zoom in level -as the program refuses to draw the hexsides and it leaves black spaces all over the place.

It happened in the NB series when a file was inadvertently left out of one of the update candidates, and it happens in this title as well (mainly because I just tried it out.). Since FB uses a mile long url I am going to dispense with posting an image for now.

Hi,

Not certain what you're seeing, but this method is definitely working in Moscow '42. The 2D zoom works flawlessly and there is no graphic artifacts etc.

David

I decided at the time not to address this one - but the deal is this - it is a by product of the graphics files. 99 times out of a hundred it is limited to situations where a JTS update is applied to what was originally published by HPS - and it is because the JTS version uses an elevation hexside graphic and has code for drawing it - when if no graphic file with this feature on it is included with the update (and normally it is not) -then what happens when a user zooms in past 2d zoom in (using the mouse feature) -the system draws black where the elevation line occurs.  I assume it has to do with code rounding because it only seems to do this when zoomed in to the highest level.

Here's the thing though, I have tested this on numerous update candidates (when posted by Rich Hamilton on the JTS Dev site) -and have assisted in correcting them (ok read that as providing advice).

For what it's worth, I am one of the JTS graphic coordinators -so it isn't just some guy posting this - it is real (it also was real at the time), the point I think I was trying to make at the time is it was not any sort of real coding issue - just the coding looking for something that was not present on an older version of a bmp file.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jison Mapmod for JTS Versions - BETA - by -72- - 05-28-2016, 08:14 PM